Second Year Part Three: Attending a Ghost's Deathday Party.

Somehow, Dumbledore agreed to the school newspaper. Dawn was elected as the head of the newspaper, and she named Colin Head Photographer. She put up a sign-up sheet in the Great Hall when she had sorted out all of the rules. Draco was one of the first ones to sign up.

She was actually really into it, when Nico thought about it. She wrote out the things that they would add to the newspaper, the cost of supplies, and learned how to print it out using charms and all.

Nico was more worried about passing his classes, which he was able to do. He was third best in the year, right behind Draco who was behind Hermione. He counted it as a win. He wasn't going to give up his spot, though.

He spent his free time wandering the castle, enjoying the peace and quiet. Mrs Norris didn't bother him all that much, which made sense, because animals hated him. Sometimes he'd come across one of the ghosts and would have a conversation with them. It was easy, being able to talk to them.

He was doing this, one day, just walking around and thinking. He didn't have many things that he needed to do, as he'd done all of the urgently needed things. So he was just... Walking, when he heard someone talking.

"I'm Luna, may I know your name?" A girl said.

"I am Helena. Is there a reason as to why you are here?"

"Oh, no, I was just looking around, and I saw you and decided to introduce myself," the girl, Luna, told Helena. Nico walked around the corner and saw a girl with Helena. The girl had hair that reminded Nico of Draco - so blonde that it was bordering on white. She was barefoot, and was not creeped out by the ghost like many other students were. Nico guessed that the living girl was Luna. Helena certainly couldn't be a person named Luna.

"Uh, hi?" Nico called out. He mentally cringed, but there was no going back now. He had the attention of both people.

"Oh, hello, I had a feeling that I was going to meet you at some point," Luna said. Nico raised an eyebrow.

"May I ask how exactly?"

"Daddy says that our family is descended from Apollo himself. I have the ability to See, which is normally a gift from Apollo, but sometimes his children or descendants are born with it," Luna explained.

"Oh. That... Actually makes sense. I'm Nico, by the way, Nico di Angelo."

"Luna Lovegood," Luna said. She smiled. "It's nice to meet you."

"You too," he replied. He turned to the ghost that was still there. He smiled at her. "Hello, Helena. How have you been?" He asked.

"I have been well, thank you for asking. How about you?" Nico shrugged.

"Fought for my life this summer, won a war in the process. Managed to get my father the appreciation that he's been wanting, too. Other than that, it's been relatively normal. As normal as it gets for someone like me."

"I am glad to know that you and your friends won. It would not do well if Kronos had won the war instead." Nico nodded. "I must be going now."

"Alright. Bye, Helena."

"It was nice to meet you," Luna said to the Ravenclaw ghost. Nico turned to her.

"So... You're a first year?" He asked. Luna nodded.

"I am."

"How're you finding Hogwarts so far?" Nico asked.

"Oh, I quite like it. It's beautiful, isn't it? The castle, that is. It looked as if the windows were glowing jewels when I saw it from across the lake," Luna replied.