Xii| A father's threat

Start from the beginning

"We'll go find her," Mick suggested quickly.

"Put him down, Kimi," Minttu warned in Finnish. "I will make sure he gets home. Go and find Nel."

"Don't come back here. Don't even step foot near my daughter," Kimi growled.

Kimi dropped Elijah to the floor and quickly jogged after Sebastian and Mick to the car. Sebastian knew that the possibility of Kimi killing Elijah without him there was decent. Kimi didn't mess around when it came to his kids, not that Seb could blame him.

"She's an adult, I am sure she's just sitting in the resort somewhere," Sebastian assured, gripping the wheel.

"No, she would have called one of us," Kimi denied. "She's angry snowboarding, I know she is."

⋯⋯⋯⋯⊱🧊⊰⋯⋯⋯⋯

The cold air blew relentlessly on the snowy mountain, creating an icy chill that permeated everything around it. The snow seemed almost alive, as if it was constantly shifting and changing under the gusts of wind. Despite the biting cold, a lone snowboarder hurtled down the mountain, her blonde hair whipping around her face with the force of the wind, protected only by her goggles.

Her face was set in a fierce scowl as she careened down the mountain, her board slashing through the snow with precision and speed. She had come to the mountain to blow off steam, to forget about all the things that had made her angry in the first place. But the more she snowboarded, the angrier she became.

Anneli Räikkonen was never the person to admit her feelings of anger to people because she enjoyed keeping her stone-faced personality...it made her unpredictable and she enjoyed it. Yet, as she got to the bottom of the mountain, all she wanted to do was cry.

Focus knocked, her board hit a rock and Anneli felt herself hurdling forward and rolling down the small remained of the slope, groaning as she stared at the sky. She didn't seem to be harmed but her board was broken.

She didn't have the mental strength to move, deciding to rip her helmet and goggles off instead and just glaze at the stars above her. The mountain she was on wasn't used during the night by many people because the resort didn't like it. Being a regular and who she was, Anneli had persuaded them to let her use it at night and it brought them revenue in return.

The Räikkonen didn't know how long she had lay there...she was the type of person who could just sit and do nothing as she enjoyed the world... time easily slipped away from her.

"NELI!" A voice yelled through the window. "ANNELI!"

She lifted her head up, aware of how cold the Swiss air really was as she squinted her eyes. Through the snow, she saw the face of Mick Schumacher running towards her.

"What were you thinking?" Mick yelled in anger, threatening to cry. "I thought—I thought—"

"I am okay," Anneli replied as Mick helped her sit up. "Uninjured."

"You've probably got hyperthermia, you idiot!" Mick replied as he text Sebastian.

"What are you doing here?" Anneli questioned.

"Elijah nearly got killed by your dad," Mick replied. "He left you here."

"We had a fight." Anneli whispered.

"Your dad isn't going to let him come near you anymore," Mick warned. "I hope you got rid of him for good."

"I broke his nose."

"You did."

Anneli frowned as Mick worried over her and she nearly threw up when she realised why. She saw it in his face...they were on a snowy mountain and it was likely Mick was reminded of his dad's accident.

"Anneli!" Kimi shouted as he skidded to a stop beside her. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you? Did you fall?"

"I broke my board but nothing else," Anneli replied

Sometimes, Kimi forgot that Anneli was 22. To him, she was still the fourteen-year-old who was annoying Fernando Alonso and trailing after Lewis Hamilton because she was curious of the newbie, the fourteen-year-old who he was constantly worrying about getting lost.

Now he worried that she'd have her heart broken, crash during a race or just...struggle with the adult world.

"Hey Neli, let's get you home," said Sebastian. "You're freezing."

"I sat in the snow," Anneli whispered. "Sorry."

"Don't apologise," Mick replied.

Kimi helped Anneli take her board off her boots while Mick grabbed the broken board. Sebastian helped pull his goddaughter up from the snow, a frown on his face. Anneli didn't show any emotion as she trudged through the snow to where the lift took them back to the stop of the ski resort. Kimi wrapped his arm over her shoulder and pulled her close to him as Anneli sniffled slightly.

"Anneli, you don't deserve this," said Kimi. "He isn't coming back to the house."

"What went wrong? We were such good friends back then," Anneli mumbled. "At what point did he decide I was an object to him?"

"I don't know Nel but I'm glad you stood up for yourself finally," Kimi replied. "You really scared me. Poor Mick was running trying to find you, he thought Elijah did something and Sebastian was Sebastian, just wanted to make sure you were okay. If Giovanni was here, he would have had a heart attack."

"I should have come home but I was so angry," Anneli replied as she shivered.

For the most apart, Anneli was incredibly quiet on the way home. Interestingly, Anneli could be a clingy when she was in the right mood and with the right people: such and Kimi, Giovanni, her siblings and Sebastian. So during the car ride home, Anneli was leaning against Kimi as she shivered. Mick kept glancing at her from the front of the car eventhough Sebastian smiled at him in reassurance.

"Anneli!" Minttu called in relief as she stepped out the car. "Let's get you sorted and into bed."

"Sorry Seb, this was supposed to a nice night," Anneli mumbled as she hugged her godfather.

"Anneli don't you worry about that," Sebastian smiled. "Mick will be here in the morning and I'll check on you in a couple days. I'll even bring the kids."

"Love you Seb," Anneli mumbled as Minttu led her inside.

"Are you sure I can't kill him?" Kimi said lowly to Sebastian.

"You can't kill him."