Dobby's warning

Začít od začátku

"Dobby, sweetheart, what are you doing over here?" Asked Violet gently as she closed the door to the bedroom, so no one could accidently see the elf. She took a few deep breaths to keep her hands from shaking. She hoped it was just a way to communicate and nothing bad happened. She'd barge into the Manor herself and take him away. "Did my friend send you? Is he okay? Is he safe?" She avoided using the name of the one who the elf belonged to, not wanting to fight with her brother at the moment.

"Thank you, Vi." Said Draco with a smile. She couldn't understand how much it meant to him that she was worried about his well being.

"For what? I'm your friend. I just did what friends do." Shrugged Violet and he chuckled.

The creature slipped off the bed and bowed so low that the end of its long thin nose touched the carpet. He was wearing what looked like an old pillowcase, with rips for arm and leg holes. "It's an honour to see Heiress Domé-Potter again." Dobby said as he kept his nose almost glued to the carpet. "And yes, young Master is safe. Dobby is making sure of it."

"Thank you for saving him, Violet. I'll always be grateful for that." Smiled nostalgically Draco as he tried to remember each time in his life Dobby saved him. He owed him his life and yet all Dobby wanted in return was to still be able to speak with him.

"I'm glad to hear it, Dobby. Please, take care of him. And I thought we talked about the clothes. I gave them to you, not your family, so you should be able to wear them without being set free." Reasoned Violet as she pulled some clothes from the closet and handed them to the elf. "I sewed them this summer, thinking you'd enjoy them." Violet smiled as she handed him the clothes. She took a seat and mentioned to both Dobby and her brother to do the same.

"That's such a good idea though." Noted Narcissa. She really hated to see her elves wearing those ugly clothes, but she also knew that elves were made to be bound to a family.

Yes, they could learn to be happy while free, but they were made to have their magic bonded with a family, even a person. The more they stayed on their own the less magic they could control. Their existence depended on being magically connected to another magical being or they would run on their own magic until they turned into dust.

Dobby took the clothes like they were a golden treasure and started sobbing violently. "Dobby will never forget the kindness and compassion of heiress Domé-Potter." He said through his sobs though it came out a little muffled by hiccups. "Heiress Domé-Potter is one of the best wizarding people Dobby met." He complimented and snapped his fingers.

His clothes weren't in a small pile anymore, but on him. It was the best example of how clothes could change everything. He had a small white shirt, not really formal, but as close as possible when hand sewn and a pair of dark pants.

"He looks like a very weird undersized butler." Commented Theo and Violet rolled her eyes. Elves just weren't the prettiest of the Wizarding World, but wizards and witches alike would sure crumble slowly without them since they unknowingly depended on them for many things.

"You must not have met any decent wizards or witches before." Snorted Harry and Dobby turned to meet Harry's eyes and glared at him. He didn't have the same icy stare as Violet or the power she had, but it still made Harry feel bad.

To say Remus and Snuffles were shocked was an understatement. They never heard him talk like that about Violet or they would've had him by the ear to apologise. No wander so many of Violet's friends and their parents were giving Harry dirty looks.

"Why does Harry Potter speak badly of heiress Domé-Potter? Heiress Domé-Potter is very kind to house elves. Dobby even heard that other elves have already started to make waiting lists for when the ones currently under her command are not able to do their job anymore or if heiress Domé-Potter wants to add another. She's held in very high esteem with us, sir. Not a lot of us could even hope of finding someone even half as good as heiress Domé-Potter. She offers pay, clothes without setting the elves free, vacation days, Sundays afternoons off and even food." Said Dobby as he seemed to give Harry a disappointed look.