'why is my stuff out here ang?'

'ANGELINA LET ME IN!'

'Just you wait Angie. You'll regret this.'

Followed by an intense beating of the door.

'Angie. Please'

'I'm losing my patience now.'

'FINE'

Followed by silence, maybe he had gone. Had he finally given up?

*thud*

a large rock bounced off my window, almost causing it to smash on top of me. A scream escaped my mouth, revealing my location. Realising this, my hand slapped across my mouth, preventing any more noise to come from it.

'Angie. I know where you are and if you don't let me in you'll be sorry.'

I stayed silent.

'Look.' he says, letting out a sigh. 'I'm sorry. I treated you so badly. Ruby is nothing to me, she never has been. You're the one for me Angie. Now please, just let me in. Unlock the door, we can make this up. How about I take you out tonight. You can do whatever you want!' he implies. Sickening.

I look in the mirror that i'm sat across and see the mess that I am in. My hair was frizzy and knotted into tight curls, because Nathanael always told me that my straight hair made me look old. My mascara was streaming down my face leaving a trail from each tear that I had waisted on him. I was exhausted. Purple sags had formed beneath my eyes causing me to look as though I'd been beaten, due to my lack of sleep. I was beyond mad at myself that I had allowed this to go so far.

——————

The next day, I found myself crossing the Austrian border. With Kera on the phone, she navigated me to a place called Spielberg, where the F1 race had been held. When I arrived at the hotel she was staying at, she took me in as if nothing had ever happened. She listened to every sob, every rant and every apology I said. But she didn't once tell me I was a bad friend- in some sense, it felt like she understood and could relate to it.

'Come on, I'm sure you've packed a party dress in there somewhere' she says, pointing at the suitcase that was lead on the floor.

'I love you Kera.' I say, finally happy to be in the presence of my best friend once again.

We spent the night at a Formula One Post Race Party. Tons of drivers were there, both past and present: including her cousin Nico. The atmosphere was impeccable, everybody seemed to be enjoying themselves so much. Drivers that were fighting aggressively on track, now had their arms wrapped around eachother's shoulders singing Mr.Brightside at the top of their lungs.

As I squeeze my way through the densely populated dance floor to follow Kera, I feel a bump on my arm as I accidentally walk into a man wearing a white t-shirt. He turns around and simultaneously we apologise to one another.

'angie?' I hear the man say. I look towards his face and realise how I recognised the voice.

'Pierre..' I stutter, unknowing of what to say. Surely he was mad at me for everything he had done. After the phone call we had, I hadn't talked to him since so I had no idea what his feelings were towards me at this point.