*Chen*

They ate, they joked around, and they laughed. And for a while Lucy felt like she was back where she belonged. After getting all the details from John that she could about he and Bailey's wedding, which was still being planned, Angela went back inside while the other three hit the streets again. "Do you ever miss patrol?" Tim asked her, he could see the longing look in her eyes.

She shrugged. "I do and I don't. I miss patrol with you, I miss annoying you like hell in our shop. But, I love my undercover work. It's hard and it's scary. But, it pays well and it gives me the schedule my girls need, most of the time."

She saw the sadness in his eyes at the last part of her statement. "Well consider them OUR girls now. When you have to be gone, I'll stay with them or they can come stay with me. I do have extra rooms, two actually, both with their own bathrooms..."

"I appreciate that Tim and I know Tamara will too." She covered his hand with hers. "Okay, but I think we've spent enough time looking over this for now. What would you like to do?" Lucy asked him as he finished feeding Jaclyn and began to clean her up.

"I'd really like to stay again, so that I can be with Jaclyn again. If that's okay with you?" He seemed nervous.

Lucy smiled, taking Jaclyn from his arms. She snuggled into Lucy's chest. "Like Grey said, we are joined at the hip. Mandatory bonding. Can you grab the bags and stroller?" He nodded and hopped to it.

Back in the truck, Lucy turned on more children's music, though Jaclyn was looking a bit tired. "We gotta swing back by my place so I can repack a bag. And feed Kojo. Actually, can you get in my phone and text Genny for me. Ask her to look in on him tomorrow?" Tim handed her his phone as he started the car.

"Password?" She asked him quickly.

"0722. I, uh, yeah, I changed it last night." For being so sour with her yesterday, Tim seemed to really be warming up to Lucy again. Not that she could judge him, she was doing the same damn thing and she had been just as sour towards him. And right about now, she was feeling pretty guilty.

At Tim's house, Lucy packed his bag while Tim held Jaclyn who was basically asleep. She threw in a few different outfits, boxers, and socks. She knew he wouldn't need clothes for tomorrow night as Valeria would be dressing them both, but still she wasn't sure how much to pack.

On the way back to her place they played no music as Jaclyn was asleep. Instead, they laughed and joked about their time working together.

"Okay, but you have to admit, I saved your life more times than any other rookie!" He tilted his head back and forth.

"Ehhh, if that's what you want to hear." Tim wouldn't give up so quickly.

"I bet Nova would agree with me, she's for the girls."

"Uh, no way! Nova was super thirsty for me." He wasn't wrong, but Nova wasn't alone.

"How do you know I was speaking as Nova at that point?" He side glanced at her and smirked at her as he parked his truck.

"Let's get her inside." Tim got their daughter as Lucy grabbed the bags and let them into the building.

In the apartment, they found that Tamara was still out. Lucy put Tim's bag in her room, simply to have it out of the way while Tim put Jaclyn in her crib. He made sure to turn the light and sound thing on like Lucy had done last night. As he entered the living room, he gently closed her door, leaving it open a crack.

Lucy was already on the couch with two open beers and True Crime on the tv. "How is it that you like this shit, but not scary movies?" He picked up one of the beers and took a long drink.

"Mm.." she took a drink of her own. "It's simple, this is all real and I can understand it. It makes sense to me." She watched him instead of the show as he moved to sit beside her. She made sure to turn the volume down so they could focus.

"So, again, I think we need to address an elephant in the room." Her voice was slow. She was already looking at him when he looked away from the tv to her. "We haven't been intimate or really seen each other in three years. Last time we at least had a year of working together. Now, I highly doubt they'd buy us as a couple..." Before Lucy could finish, Tim's lips were on hers. In that moment she didn't care how recently single he was.

"Bedroom." She whispered in the brief second they stopped to breathe.

Tim didn't think twice as he picked her up. Like it was second nature, Lucy wrapped her legs around his waist. As he carried her, Lucy took off her shirt and bra. She even slightly giggled as he dropped her on her bed. The serious look on his face and lust in his eyes shut that down real quick. She watched as Tim removed both of his shirts, she couldn't stop the moan that escaped her lips.

*Bradford*

The moment she moaned, Tim knew he was done for. Nothing else mattered in the world right now, except the beautiful half naked brunette under him. He made quick work of undressing her the rest of the way, making sure to leave a long and through string of kisses on her body as he went. He made even faster work of getting his own clothes off.

Before she could blink he was hovering over her. "Promise me, after this, that you won't run away from me again?" He whispered to her, and deep down he knew that he was genuinely asking, almost begging.

"I promise." Lucy whispered back. With that Tim lined himself up at her wet entrance, entering her hard. He couldn't help but moan in pleasure, especially as Lucy begged for him to go harder and faster. As she cried out in pleasure Tim knew she had been craving this as much as he had.

When they both reached their climax, he pulled out of her and rolled onto his back, pulling her into his arms, like it was what he always did.

"Think they'll buy it now?" Tim asked her with a huge smile on his face. They both laughed. After setting up the baby monitor in Lucy's room and checking on Jaclyn one more time, they fell asleep in one another's arms.