Chapter 6: The Party

Upon pulling up in front of the Frat House all the people lingering outside have their eyes on us. Bumblebee thought it good to give a loud rev to announce our presence to anyone who wasn't already looking and even drawing a few people out of the house and peering out the window. While two girls confidently climb out of the car while I sheepishly climb out as I tug at the hem of my dress. I'm suddenly met with a chorus of wolf whistles and hollering from the dogs called collage boys. I'm so caught up in all the commotion I didn't fully intend to cause that I failed to notice the arm wrapping around my waist.

I completely jumped away when it registered, only for my mouth to fall open when I saw who it was. "Bee!" I squeak, at the sound of the name Jinny and Maddy snap around from where they had been walking inside. "Is that him?" Jinny gasps, Bumblebee smirks and gives a small wave. I completely gawk at his appearance, his blonde hair slicked back neatly leaving his blue eyes to shine brightly. Instead of just a pair of faded jeans and a T-shirt he imprinted off of Sam he wore a newer pair of jeans and clean black tucked in T-shirt, the centerpiece of the outfit being the yellow leather racer jacket that had black two stripes running off each shoulder and down each sleeve. "Holy shit you didn't say he was hot!" Maddy squeals wobbling over in her towering heels. "You think so?" I question nervously, knowing DAMN WELL this hologram was more attractive than necessary.

"Oh we know so." Jinny grins as she follows Maddy, "Hi, I'm Maddy." The brunette introduces herself, extending her hand out. I watch nervously as Bee reaches forward and shakes the girl's hand, going the extra mile and shooting her a dazzling white smile. "And uh this is Bee, I might not have mentioned but he's uh... deaf!" I rushed when Bumblebee opened his mouth, his blue eyes shot over to me and I gave him a pleading look to go along with it. Bumblebee points to me and nods with a sheepish smile, "Doesn't really like to talk, for uh personal reasons." I whisper as if it was a taboo subject. The girls shoot him pitied but adoring looks, like he wasn't anything more than a poor kicked puppy. Little do they know this man is a metal mech that had two crushed legs and still completely dominated an evil alien robot.

But nothing more is said the two girls just smiled at him and waved goodbye to continue on with their planned activities. I turn and glare at Bumblebee, the hologram does nothing more than smirk down at me, he's only a head taller than me but he still looks condescending with the way he looks down at me with that expression. "I cannot believe you." I scoff with an eye roll, Bee's smirk turns into a cheeky smile, shrugging as if he didn't really care. "We don't have time for games Bee, I wasted enough time toting around those girls all afternoon." I gruff, taking him by his hand and pulling him inside. Once inside the frat house I'm slightly relieved that Bumblebee is with me, the air is full of hormones and testosterone. Every frat boy to look at me thinks twice upon seeing Bee just a step behind me.

We searched the party wholly, the dance floor, the bar, the snack table, even the bathrooms. No Sam, I'm on the verge of just tearing apart this campus for him when Bee touches my shoulder, I watch him glance around before leaning forward and pressing close to my ear, "Maybe— We're— Early." His radio rang out quietly. I think about it and slowly relax at the not so unbelievable thought. "I'm not sure I can wait around for him all night." I whisper back, becoming extremely aware just how close our faces are when I turn to him. I'm met with electric blue eyes that nearly stop my heart, "Patient— a little." He responded with a nod. I swallow hard and nod, unable to form anymore words. "Trace!" a drunk squeal calls, Bumblebee and I pull away to give each other room to look. Maddy hobbled over with a red solo cup in hand, "Come dance with us!" She giggles drunkenly. "Oh I don't—" Before I give any kind of an excuse Bumblebee takes my hand and pulls us over to Maddy, shooting her a thumbs up to say we're down. She jumps in place with a grin before leading Bumblebee and in turn me out to the dance floor.

The room designated to the dancing is packed, so many people packed in one space and bodies rubbing all over each other. Maddy disappears somewhere in the crowd and Bumblebee pulls me close, rocking us along to the music. I grasp his arms tightly, having no experience in this kind of setting. I spent my whole life bouncing from town to town in crappy hotel rooms with my face glued to a computer screen, looking for what I had hoped to be other NBEs. Being a teenager and going to parties was the last thing on my mind. Even with Bee being a whole alien from a completely different solar system he looks like he fits in here, a grin spread over his face as he rocks along to the music with me in his arms.

I gasp when his arms slip from mine, shifting and changing positions. One slides down and slips around my waist as the other slides up and curls his hand around the back of my neck. My face flares with heat when he uses his newfound leverage to make me look at him, god I regret giving him that fucking hologram software, that's lie. His blue eyes stare down at me unwilling to blink, we stay like that, still rocking to the music that my brain no longer acknowledges. It's three seconds after that Bumblebee makes his move, leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. My brain doesn't register any other options than to kiss him back, lips feeling more human than I thought they ever would. The world goes static and Bumblebee slowly moves his lips against mine, careful to guide me as I clearly have no idea what I'm doing. However unlike him I am very much human, and need air to breathe. I pull away gasping for air as I feel dazed, the back of my mind wonders if it's the kiss or the adrenaline.

"Holy shit." I breathe out, Bee's shoulders shake in silent laughter. Embarrassment flares hot in my chest and cheeks, I pull away with a scoff, but Bumblebee is quick even in his projected form, with quick hands he pulls me back close. "Bumblebee." I grunt, unable to look at him, occupying my eyes by awkwardly scanning the room. My eyes blow wide when I spot the unmistakable meek form of Sam, I pull away from Bee but he only holds me in place. "Bumblebee." I urge, I feel him patting my shoulder to get him to look at him but my eyes remain on Sam. "Bumblebee!" I snap, finally looking up at him, it takes all I have not to get sucked back into his eyes. Steeling my resolve, I take Bee by the cheeks and turn his head. I watch his eyes go wide at the sight of Sam.