When I got out of the bathroom, they are already in the backyard. I saw there's a lot of food here and I wasn't surprised. "It's been years since I last saw you, you've grown beautifully." Billy complimented. My heart was flattered, Billy has always been kind and I can't say the same for his daughter "Thank you, Billy." I smiled warmly at him, fidgeting my finger inside the pocket of my coat. It's not that cold, I just like to wear it.

"Why don't you talk to them, They are your friends after all." Billy mumbled to me "Were." I muttered under my breath "Pardon?" Billy furrowed his eyebrows at me "Nothing." I shook my head as I let out an awkward laugh.

Rachel giggled, planting a soft kiss on Paul's lips as Paul tried to pull away his face from her, looking in Billy and I's direction.

Billy noticed I spare them a glance, making him look behind him "Rachel, we have a guest." Billy reminded her.

"Oh, sorry." Rachel said but she doesn't seem to care that I am here at all "Sorry about that." Billy gave me an apologizing look "Totally okay." I chuckled.

"Paul and Rachel, please help me to the kitchen." Billy called them before making his way inside. Rachel groaned and rolled her eyes at her father before following him, hands on Paul's like he was about to run away from them.

"Mera." Embry called "Don't talk to me." I said, not sparing him a look. They're not worth it. "Mera, please talk to us." Quil begged, leaning on the table "There's nothing we should talk about." I said to him bluntly.

I don't care what they felt or even if they get hurt from the words I say. I lost what I have for them six years ago and it wasn't easy to forget that every time I see them.

Rachel and Paul returned but without Billy and I was placed in another awkward situation. "So, Mera, I heard about the fake engagement with your so-called fiance." Rachel spoke the moment she got into her seat "Rachel." Paul said as he hold her wrist, probably telling her to stop whatever she is doing.

"I wonder why you did that." I raised my eyebrow at her. She still hasn't changed, always wanting to interfere with other people's life and business. Still the Rachel I knew.

"It's true but I wondered how you get that information," I said matter-of-factly "I get everything I wanted." Rachel bragged as she put her hand on Paul's chest who looks at her disapprovingly "Stop it." Paul said, massaging his temple as he leaned back in his chair.

"No wonder why." I laughed softly, putting down the fork. I didn't know how I managed to eat while at the same table as her. "I pity you, I really do." I said to her, standing up from my seat before taking a last look at her and walking away. I wrapped my coat around me, feeling the breeze of the air.

"He would never choose you!" Rachel shouted and I heard the chairs move like she just stand up and bumped into them "Rachel!" Paul exclaimed.

I turned around again to give her one last look. Paul is holding both of her arms, restraining her from walking closely at me as he looks at her in anger "You see why I pity you."

"You begged for him, I didn't," I said bluntly.

"He loved you because he needed to but he loved me because he wanted and choose to."

I see how anger formed into her eyes but she must know the truth even if it hurts. I turned my back on her, on them for the second time, "I pity you too as I watched how you cried the moment he didn't choose you because he choose me!" Rachel screamed behind me. I'm sure if Paul isn't holding her, she would have launched at me right now.

Growing up, Rachel and I never get along. We fight because of the smallest thing but the difference between us right now, is I grew up, and she didn't.

I bumped into Billy in the hallway on my way out of the house "Mera, where are you going?" Billy asked as he followed me with his gaze "I'm sorry, I needed to go." I apologize, sprinting towards my car.