(Ulfheoinn) Chapter 52 Scorn of the Strong

Start from the beginning

Koko: It must have been a cursed weapon...Just like what they used to attack the captain...!

Koko clenched her fist, tiny red rivulets squeezing out between her fingers. An Unhealable Curse. Those cut by the blade of a weapon imbued with this curse couldn't be treated. Anyone who fell victim to it was as good as dead. Realizing that all their fallen companions' wounds had been affected by it was enough to dash what little hope the adventurers had left.

Raul: Miss Asuna... Please!

Aki: Your magic is the only thing that can lift the curse!

Asuna: She's lost too much blood. Even if I healed this wound.... She...

Asuna stop momentarily. But that pause gave Anakity and Raul all the information they need. It was too late. Aiz was dashing around in search of survivors, but she understood as well.

Asuna, Aiz, Raul, Aki—they'd been part of Loki Familia long enough to have experienced this countless times before. What they hated the most was the smell of death it left on their skin, impossible to wipe off. This stone room deep within the labyrinth's halls had become nothing more than the tomb of adventurers.

Sora:...

Sora look around the room with blood all over the place. Even though he wasn't part of the Loki Familia, Sora had risked himself and reached down into this man-made Dungeon to save them all when Slyphid had contacted him about the whole situation. And yet, it's the same over and over again. He was too late to same them all.

Bete:...

Amid the chaos of the group, only Bete stood in silence, his gaze glued to the scene in front of him. His amber eyes were ice-cold, almost like he didn't even care as he completely suppressed his emotions.

Aiz:—! Line!!

Asuna: Line! Please...!

Sora: I'm sorry.

Line:...M-Miss...Aiz... M-Miss...Asuna.... M-Mister... Sora...

Sora, Asuna, Aiz flew toward the far corner of the room to where a girl lay sprawled on the ground. It was none other than Line Arshe, the young healer, her body bearing the same bloody scores as the rest of her group. Sora gripped the girl's shoulders in his fingers in an attempt to lift her, but strength had already drained from Line's body.

Jutting from her ribs was the same cursed dagger that had spilled her companions' blood. It had been left there in what seemed to be a final insult to Loki Familia, like a gravestone marking the resting place of their comrades. Rage seethed across Aiz's face, and she wrenched free the blade still disgracing the body of her friend and threw it away.

Aiz(mind):—It's no good. We're too late.

Asuna(mind):—My healing powers can't save her.

The Berserk Healer and the Sword Princess had seen enough of their friends die to know that this girl was past saving. When Line saw Asuna's and Aiz's face twisting in agony, she merely gave a tiny, mirthless smile at how unusual it was for her to make such an expression. Finally.

 Finally