Chapter 8: Old love found (Part 1)

It had been several years since me and Taylor had broken up. But I couldn't let her go, so I sat in my gray living room and found her latest song. You're losing me. Playing the song, I felt my eyes water.

So it was done with the one she left me for? I had known her so well, and even if I couldn't be sure I had a feeling so peculiar that she might miss me. I knew for a fact that this song was a message about how her relationship had gone. She was dying, she was sick, and he had forgotten about her?

I buried my head in my hands, and sobbed as the song kept playing. Oh dear Taylor, why can't we go back to the days we were happy? She needed to understand she deserved the world.

I got up and walked past the drawer in my desk full of letters. Letters addressed to her, without ever arriving. Letters to her from me, mostly written after seeing her on the TV, my nightmares or listening to her new music.

I hesitated, but opened the drawer. There were well over twenty letters there, lying as a mess around. I picked them up, recalling when I had written them.

Little did I know that only on the other side of town Taylor sat and thought of me. I had no idea how after checking what the fans thought of You're Losing Me, she let her phone down and leaned her head on her knees. She closed her eyes, humming the melody of the song. She was on her own now, just like always.

Could she lose any more by coming back? Or could she make it all okay again?

Because we were something. If her wishes came true, it would be me and her again. And she had no idea how I thought of the same.

I guess you never know the right time, Taylor thought and stood up. But one thing she was sure of, and that is that she should go and at least try.

If one thing had been different, would everything be different today?

Taylor was the one to leave for him, but it had all fallen apart. She walked through the same walls I had before, and exited the front door with her head down. Swiftly, she locked the door behind herself before turning to go to me. Holding on to the memories from our walks around this house, she walked over the asphalt.

It thundered, and she looked up just in time to see the raindrops start falling. She looked for her hood, but found that there wasn't one on that jacket. But she had come too far to bother turning around. She continued to walk fast, careless of the rain. She passed the park of our third kiss. The shop where we bought my first wine ever. The bus we took out of town, and the fence I had balanced on one evening.

The road that had led her from me, led her back.

Because she had fallen back in love.

I sat there silently, waiting for nothing. I read the letters no one in particular would ever see.

"Give me some tips to forget you." I whispered, reading one of the letters out loud without re-thinking it.

The sound of the rain on the window made me look up. I had no idea, but the universe knew there was no need for me to forget her anymore.

To be continued...