22: Spilled?

Few days later,

"...Happy Birthday Yeonjunnie,
happy birthday to you"

And everyone clapped and cheered him as it's his birthday... he turned 20 this day and it's more special. Why? Because after a long time Yeonjun's parents are present on his birthday.

"Enjoy yourselves dear", Yeonjun's mom said before going to another corner where all other business men are there, as you can see they are too rich, so they arranged a huge birthday party for him, also another reason of this party is business that Yeonjun definitely know, so he isn't that happy but decided to ignore it.

"Junnie", Esther smiled and hold his arms, "Did you told your parents about us?", she asked.

"Still no", he replied, "I guess I'll tell them later"

"Okay take your time", Esther pursed her lips while he smiled back.

"Where is Minji?", Esther asked as Minji is standing a little far from them but she can hear everything they're talking and her face has an unreadable expression.

"Should we play something?", Esther gripped tight on Yeonjun's arm and looked at Minji as she can feel Esther is trying to make her jealous.

Minji scoffed and went another side.

"Where's she going?", Yeonjun confusedly mumbled and about to go after her but Esther stopped him.

"Let her do what she wants, she'll join us later. Let's play truth and dare"
----------------------------

"See they're looking so happy, don't you think?"

Minji looked at them as she gripped her black gown tightly to control her emotions... but beside her the other Minji or rather say her imaginary self is telling her how lonely she is.

"Then what should I do? I'm alone forever. I don't have an-"

"Shhh.. that's why I came. You're too weak Minji. That girl was provoking you and you escaped from there. Why didn't you protest?"

"Protest what? I'm not that type of person to argue with anyone an-"

"That's what your problem, you should be a little selfish. Being selfish isn't bad. See she's trying to take attention from him, don't you think you should be in her place?"

"But- how can I-"

"Listen to me and go there"

Minji looked at her own eyes, she's confused of what she's thinking and doing but this time she is jealous and angry, she wants to spend time with Yeonjun this day, like every year. She picked up the glass with soft drinks and went towards them.

"Esther! Esther!", everyone cheered as she was dared to dance with Yeonjun together.

Esther stood up and stepped backwards while Yeonjun smiled and walked towards her, Esther didn't noticed and excitedly moved backwards that she bumped with someone.

And it was Minji.

The soft drink was spilled all over Esther's new baby pink colored gown, while everyone gasped.

Esther looked at her new dress sadly. Everyone felt bad for her.

"I'm sorry my hand slipped", Minji is shocked too.

Everyone gave Minji a disgusting look that broke her again.

"You did it purposely. Don't you?", a girl from their class asked disgustingly.

"Why would I? I never th-"

"You purposely went behind her when you can see she was moving backwards!", another girl told.

Minji is too much shocked than ever. Yes she's jealous of her but she would never do such things on purpose. But then why did she took the glass? She doesn't like soft drinks. But she's sure she didn't spilled it intentionally. But nobody seems to believe that.

"Y-yeonjun, Esther.. you believe me right? I didn't do-"

"Minji",Yeonjun starnly looked at Minji, that gave shiever to her body, "You don't like soft drinks, do you?"

"Y-yeonjun? You are not believing me!? I don't know why I took the glass but", her voice cracked as she looked around and saw other scoffing while Yeonjun was staring at her blankly, "I'm sure I didn't do this purposely, I-"

"ENOUGH!!" , Esther spoke as she was silent all the time, "My dress won't come back by blaming. STOP THIS NONSENSE! I don't know who is guilty or not, but I feel humiliated"

Esther looked at Minji then at Yeonjun.

"I'm sorry Yeonjun. I'm going home, I'm sorry for ruining your birthday", Esther told and instantly left the place while everyone was there blaming Minji.

 I'm going home, I'm sorry for ruining your birthday", Esther told and instantly left the place while everyone was there blaming Minji

••🥀••
Do you think Minji did that purposely?