46

Addicted

Omniscient POV

Kay glanced at India who walked down the block with a mug on her face as Dougie's arms wrapped around her shoulders.

"Fix your face. Making you look ten times uglier than you already are." Setty said making her look up and roll her eyes.

"Hey y'all." She waved, leaning against the car.

"Wassup? Where you headed?" One of the old heads asked her.

"No where. I just got back from the store." She says. He nods and walks off, joining another conversation with niggas.

"Why you was walking around with that face?" Kay asked her.

"Dougie moving weird." She said shooing his hand off her shoulder.

"Nigga because I told you I can't chill with you tonight."

"Why you can't chill with her?" Kay budded in.

"I gotta go to some niggas video shoot today. I told them I'd slide. You coming?"

"Nah."

"Right like who wanna be at some random niggas videos." India said.

Kay felt a bit better knowing that he expressed his feelings for India to Daniel again, it's been years since he touched back on that topic and he just didn't feel like telling anyone else. He felt himself getting a bit jealous the past few days seeing that every time he saw Dougie, she was there and vice versa. He missed chilling with her alone.

"Let him go." Kay said. "Support is Support. Least niggas could do around here."

"So you coming with?" Dougie asked.

"Hell nah." He said as he, India, and Setty laughed.

Dougie sucked his teeth and looked around. "I'm gon dip in a few then. You gon be good?" He asked India.

"Yeah." She mumbles, getting ready to text Jatavia to see what she was doing.

"Ight. I love you." He kissed her cheek, and walked off.

"Mhm." was all she said as she pressed her phone against her ear. Kay swiftly snatched her phone, hanging up the call.

"Chill. Just kick it with me for the day." He said before she could start going off on him.

"What you about to do?" She asked.

"My mama throwing a party, you wanna slide?"

"Yeah I guess. Your abuela there?"

"Yeah. What's your obsession with her?"

"Obsession? That lady my bestfiriend, but we out It's been a minute since I seen her."

Kay let out a deep laugh and handed her, her phone. Th two of them dapped up familiar heads that were on the block before going back into their building.

Kay was happy in the inside although he would never smile to show that. It's been a minute since he really got to chill with her due to her being with her boyfriend all the time which he respected and didn't care much about, or at least that was what he was telling himself.

India walked in behind Kevin, making the room go loud. India was very much familiar with most of his family considering she basically grew up with him. She waved at her mom who was busy chatting with a few of his aunts.

"Hi sexy." Kay's mom came up to her. "Look at you que Linda!" She said taking her hand and turning her around for a 360 spin.

"Ma why ion get an entrance like that?"