O4 : fright ! ; rin itoshi

Começar do início

Later, the doors into the theater finally opened, it was dark but you managed to find your seat. Sitting down you adjusted yourself to make yourself comfortable, only to accidentally hit the person beside you. You immediately looked at them to apologize, only to see a familiar face, Rin. "ah, so sorry— wait, Rin?" the lights were low but you could recognize his face in an instant, "oh, it's you. don't worry about it." he spoke nonchalantly, but panicking a little on the inside. "what a coincidence huh?" you gave him a nervous laugh and continued on whilst Rin's thoughts were scattered all over the place. Thoughts like 'why were you coincidentally sitting beside him?' Gosh the heavens really blessed you this time.

Shortly, after the advertisements were done the movie was finally starting. You tapped his hand gently to notify that the movie was starting. "Rin, psst, it's starting" you gave him a small smile, "mn." he nodded, his attention now on the movie. You on the other hand, you were watching the movie and also stealing a few glances at Rin from time to time, praying he doesn't notice. But little did you know he was too.

As the movie got darker and scarier, you started to fidget slightly, and of course Rin noticed this sooner or later. He hesitated, but his hand made it over to yours, caressing your hand gently. The flustered you, turned your head to look at him but he was trying his best to keep his cool and focused on the movie. You smiled and intertwined his hand to yours, oh how good it felt, you've always wanted to hold his hand like this.

You also offered him some of the snacks you've sneaked in. And of course, who was he to decline? The way your hand brushed with his when you both reached to get popcorn at the same time made your heart pump every time. You swore it was pumping so loudly everyone could hear it. Thankfully it was dark though so he couldn't see your wide smile, but  that doesn't mean he didn't get a peek at it. In his head he was cursing the lights for being so dim, but whatever. He was sure he would see it again, and he will make sure of it.

The movie soon came to a close, already rolling the credits. You and Rin were still sat there, it was sort of awkward since you actually held his hand till the end. "it was great wasn't it? i sorta freaked out when the child disappeared though." you said as you stood up, trying to lighten the mood, sadly letting go of his hand. "huh? oh yeah. i liked that part though, it made it interesting." shortly after, he stood up as well. He was lost in his thoughts, the both of you kinda disappointed the movie came to an end. "do you maybe, wanna get dinner together?" he suddenly said, placing his hand behind his neck, avoiding your gaze, trying to break the silence. "yeah! i'd like that actually, you know a place?" you looked at him with a smile and nodded enthusiastically. "yeah, it's a few stores away." he spoke, his tone different from before, it felt way more comfortingly soft.

You took your chances and held his hand once more. Surprisingly, he didn't mind, instead he continued leading you to the ramen shop he suggested. Both of you talking about the movie while walking, it felt as if it were a date, your heart beating more and more.

Now you were sat in the ramen shop with him, enjoying your meals while conversing with each other. "ochazuke?" you asked as he ate his meal. "mhm, it's my favorite, and they make it really well here." he replied, watching you as you slurped your udon. "ah? could i try?" you reached your spoon out for him to place the green tea rice on but he pushed it away and offered to feed you instead. "it's way safer this way, go on try it." he looked at you, patiently waiting for you to eat it, you hesitated but you ate it either way. "mm! it's sort of tasty? i would've never thought greentea and rice would go well." you spoke as you chewed the dish down, the same wide smile he missed reappearing once more.

And at last, the day finally came to an end, both of you were bound to go your separate ways for the day. Rin was waiting for your cab to come before going home himself. "thank you for today, i enjoyed it." he spoke, earning a smile from you. "i enjoyed today too, i wish the day could've gone slower though." you replied to him with a sigh. A few mins after, your cab finally arrived and he waved you a goodbye, "stay safe on your way back." hearing that, you took off one of your keychains and placed it on his palm, "it's yours starting now, keep it safe for me yeah?" insisting him to keep it. "it looks lukewarm, but thank you." he gave a deadpan face while looking at the design as you made your way to your cab. He watched it drive away and soon went home as well.

—— fin.

⟢﹒₊°。﹒

ꜜꜜ﹒author notes
AUEWW i was suppose to finish this yesterday but ahaha

I KNOOW I SAID SHIDOU OR YUKI WAS NEXT BUT LIKE. i looked thru rin's wiki and hes so silly I js had to