Chapter 101: New Life

Start from the beginning

And her grandmother, Feliz, heard their conversation and stepped in, "Ah! Why don't you make her stop her studies if she really doesn't want to improve, teach her how to value the things that other kids don't have!"

"Mama, don't be too hard on her"

Feliz slammed her hand on the table, "That's why she is failing! Because you are easy on her!"

Later on, Sandra and Gabrielle got out of the car and took a look of Sandra's home.

"Are you ready?" Sandra raises her eyebrows up and down with a smile.

"Ready" Gabrielle smiled back even though deep inside, she was restless and didn't know what to do, she was anxious to meet the rest of the family.

They entered the house and Gabrielle was stunned to see the interior look.

Feliz, Juanito, and Sophia turned their heads back as they heard the door opened, turns out, it were just Gabrielle and Sandra

"Honey!" Juanito happily hugged his wife, "Oooh, this is Gabrielle?"

"Yes, this is Gabrielle"

Feliz had a weirded out expression on her face, she refused to have another member of the family, Gabrielle looked familliar to her so she took a closer look.

"Is she the foster daughter of Raquel and Lando? Why on earth did you take her from them!"

"Mom! They are abusing her"

Feliz had her jaw drop, "So? They her back to the shelter, I don't want another failure" referring to Sophia.

"Ma, she is not a failure, look" Sandra took Gabrielle's academic reports and showed it to Feliz.

Feliz's furious face slowly faded knowing that Gabrielle studied in Wilston, "You go to Wilston and... Oh my goodness, you have an average of 98.7? That's so high!"

"Wow!" Juanito had a huge smile on her face.

"And... She has a lot of medals!" Feliz looked at Gabrielle and hugged her, "Oh thank goodness, I thought you're a failure!"

Feliz pulled away from the hug and jumped in happiness, "Keep her, keep her!"

"Yes mom, she is here so we could keep her"

Gabrielle's face lighten up, "You'll..."

"Yes, Gabbie" Sandra pulled out an envelope and lends it to her.

Gabrielle opened the envelope, and she realized that she has been legally adopted, "Gabrielle Clifton"

"Yay!" Feliz jumped in happiness.

Gabrielle heavily thanked them for welcoming her to the family, and then Sophia approached her.

"Are you gonna be my big sister?"

Gabrielle had tears in her eyes of joy as she nodded, "I am"

Sophia jumped in happiness as she has always dreamt of having a big sister, she proceeds to hug Gabrielle and told her that she is the best big sister ever, making Gabrielle break into tears and everyone started joining the hug.

A few minutes later, Sandra took Gabrielle to her new bedroom.

"This bedroom is yours!"

Gabrielle slowly entered and placed her bags on the floor. "This is beautiful, Miss Sandra"

"Oh! Nope, don't call me miss..." Sandra squeezed her cheeks, "You can call me mom"

"And you can call me dad!" Juanito showed up.

Gabrielle didn't know how to thank them, so she hugged them instantly.