Chapter 6: Clumsy Birthday Acts With Love Interests Watching

Začít od začátku

Dongmyeong gave me a wide smile. "You're welcome."

"Hey, are you about ready to go?" Gaia asked, stepping into the doorway.

"Yeah, just a sec." I told her.

Gaia nodded and walked away. I looked back at Dongmyeong.

"I'll let you go then." He said. "Have fun."

He gave me a smile and I gave him one back. "Thanks. I'll talk to you soon."

"Deal." He said. He turned to start walking away but then stopped us both. "Oh, and happy birthday. I realized I never said it."

I snickered. "Thank you."

He snickered back and waved goodbye before heading out. I walked back inside and bit my lip to try to stop the butterflies I was having. Before leaving, I quickly planted the flowers in my garden out back and then we went out to lunch and other stuff throughout the day.

*****

-Saturday, February 18, 2023~1:59PM-

~Gaia's POV~

Hojin and I arrived at the SEVENTEEN dorm and rang the doorbell. Within a couple seconds, DK answered the door.

"Happy Birthday!" We both shouted, me louder than her.

DK snickered with a wide smile. "Thank you girls. Please come in."

DK stepped aside for us to walk in.

"Congratulations on the BooSeokSoon comeback." I told him as we walked in.

"Thank you." He blushed but gave a look as if he wanted more compliments. "Isn't it a good song?"

"Very." Hojin replied.

"Nice!" I exclaimed, Hojin glaring at me while DK laughed.

"Ha!" DK exclaimed. "Good one!"

"Thank you." I grinned. "Glad somebody appreciates my jokes."

I glared at Hojin who just rolled her eyes.

"I'm going to get something to eat." She said, walking away.

"Yes, please make yourself comfortable." DK said. "We're still waiting on some guests."

"Of course." I smiled at him to tell him I understood.

DK ran off to do something and I just wandered around. Their dorm had changed since the last time I saw it. As I was looking around, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I went to take it out, but my butter fingers caused me to drop it and it went sliding on the tile.

"And here I thought Mingyu was clumsy." A voice said as they picked up my phone. I followed the hand to see Vernon.

I just snickered from embarrassment, not sure how to respond to that. I watched as Vernon glanced at my phone then handed it back.

"You were listening to my song." He said.

I looked at my phone to see my music was still on my lock screen and the song shown was Vernon's 'Black Eye'.

"I guess I was, yes." I snickered, realizing how awkward that seems. "But I also listened to BSS's 'Fighting' on the way here so don't think your special."

"Never." Vernon snickered. "I'm just glad you're still listening to that. It came out a couple months ago."

"Only two." I scoffed as if he was being dramatic. "And it's a really good song. I'm a huge fan of it."