Chapter 1

Ashkit's P.O.V

The lush sounds of the river echoed smoothly across the moor while morning birds sang their joyful melody.Ashkit dashed on the open moor with glee as the beautiful sun stroked his back with comfortable heat.He hopped around playfully,trying to catch the pink and yellow butterfly that pranced around him,his black paws missing by just an inch.

Finally,Ashkit managed to pin the insect to the ground.Though,he wanted to see it fly back up in the sky.
He released his paws from the gorgeous wings of the butterfly and watched it soar up high into the light blue sky.Soon,it was too far for him to even touch it.Ashkit mewed with dismay,but lost intrest after a sweet smell tickled his nose.
Ashkit rubbed his nose,but it was still tickling his nose.

He closed his eyes and opened them to see a white and grey feather close to his face.Ashkit swatted the feather with his paw.After that,he heard loud giggling behind him.Ashkit whipped around to see his siblings, Skykit and Hawkkit looking at him with happy faces.

"Your finally awake!It felt like moons have gone past!"Hawk kit squeaked with laughter.

"You should've seen your face when we tickled you with the feather!"Skykit re-create the supposedly face he had made,then burst out laughing.

Ashkit snorted with annoyance."Why can't you bug Rowankit or Pikekit instead of me?"He mumbled.

"Because your grey and you get more grumpy than those two."Skykit mewed."Besides,their still asleep."

Ashkit whipped around and glared at Skykit.
"Well,I was asleep until you two had to come and ruin my good dream!"He snapped.

Skykit flinched,all the laughter drained out of her now.Hawkkit stepped forward and glared at Ashkit,then rested her gaze at Skykit and guided her toward another part of the nursery.

Ashkit heard Hawkkit grumble "Ashkit is a total jerk.Why did he have to be our brother?".

Ashkit's tail dropped and his anger was replaced by loneliness.Almost all the time,he was alone in the nursery.His mother,Hazelpelt,says that she loved them all equally,but Ashkit could tell that Hazelpelt spends more time with Skykit and Hawkkit rather than him.For exemple,once he was playing with his fresh-kill instead of eating it.Hazelpelt had ordered him to stay in the nursery with a harsh voice.But,when she found Skykit ripping up Honeytail's herbs or when Hawkkit strayed out of camp,she sent them to the nursery for only 12 heartbeats before forgiving them.

{It isn't fair!}Ashkit thought.

Just then,the lichen to the nursery rustled and a light-gray tom stepped through.Ashkit's eyes lit up and he dashed over to him.

"Hi father!"He squeaked.

His father purred with joy at looking at Ashkit.

Ashkit loved his father,Stormstar.Whenever he looked at him,he made a joyful purr that filled Ashkit with happiness.
He also stood up for Ashkit when his sisters teased him or bugged him.Not to mention that he was clan leader.Skykit and Hawkkit are jealous when Stormstar gives him badger rides.
Stormstar loved Ashkit and Ashkit loved his father.