22 • Double, Double, Toil and Trouble

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, bee," Stella beamed as her drink was handed to her, her eyes lighting up like it was Christmas when the chilled beverage graced her lips.

"All good," Lizzie replied, activating the car's autonomous driving feature as she took a sip of her drink.

"Um... I'm all for new AI, but is it safe to let it drive?" Stella expressed her concern.

"Yup," the blonde nodded, securing her drink in a cup holder. "Don't worry, El," Lizzie smirked to herself, taking the wheel once again. "Is your drink good?"

"So good, it's the best I've ever had," Stella hummed, savoring another sip. Lizzie reached over, intending to take a sip herself, bringing the drink to her lips. Stella began to protest but swiftly silenced herself, choosing not to intervene.

"It is good," Lizzie confirmed, licking her lips as a droplet of milk lingered. Stella placed her drink in the cup holder beside Lizzie's upon receiving it back, a slight smile gracing her lips as she noticed a lipstick stain on the rim. Rather than being upset, the brunette felt the opposite.

"How much money do you think I'd get if I sold your lipstick stain on eBay?" Stella playfully remarked, prompting laughter from Lizzie.

"What?" Lizzie chuckled, a hint of amusement playing on her lips. "And why would you do that?"

"A girl's gotta hustle," the brunette responded effortlessly, and Lizzie nodded in agreement.

"Alright then, love," Lizzie nodded, her smile still lingering. These little moments with Stella were everything to her, and she cherished them dearly.

Stella's gaze fixated on the woman before her, captivated by her stunning beauty. The wind gently tousled her high ponytail, as she leaned against the car door, propping her head up with one hand, while her other hand clung to the top of the steering wheel. A white pressed shirt pressed against her skin, revealing a subtle glimpse of a white bra beneath, with a few undone buttons at the collar. Despite her casual blue jeans, she effortlessly transformed them into a fashion runway-worthy ensemble.

"We're here," Lizzie sang in a melodic voice, pulling into a parking lot with ease. Stella snapped out of her daze, realizing they had arrived in front of a shop called 'The Row.' It appeared surprisingly spacious and upscale as Lizzie escorted her inside.

"I've never heard of this shop, is it any good?" the brunette inquired, oblivious to the few customers browsing the displays of mannequins.

"Yeah, it's the best," Lizzie chuckled, observing Stella wander off to peruse a few dresses.

"Lizzie!" a voice called from behind, and in an instant, Ashley enveloped her in a bone-crushing hug. "What a delightful surprise! I wasn't expecting you to drop by," the twin exclaimed.

"I have a fashion emergency with someone, and I need some assistance. They need a graduation dress by next week," Lizzie explained.

"Ahh, easy. But I'm sure you're not the one graduating," Ash chuckled.

"No, no, my friend is. Stella," Lizzie gestured toward the clueless girl as she scrutinized herself in the mirror, holding a dress against her figure with a quizzical tilt of her head.

"Oh, she's absolutely gorgeous," Ashley commented, and Lizzie readily nodded in agreement. "Let me grab MK," the blonde hurried off, returning within seconds with her other half.