🌧 ~ Seungjin: Heather

Description: (Based on Heather by Conan Grey) Seungmin has had feelings for his best friend Hyunjin for a long time, and they were close friends up until Hyunjin developed a sudden liking for a certain girl. Thus, Seungmin's love become unrequited and he struggles to be happy when Hyunjin begins to grow more distant.

Hanahaki Disease: A fictional disease where the victim of unrequited or one-sided love begins to vomit or cough up the petals and flowers of a flowering plant growing in their lungs, which will eventually grow large enough to render breathing impossible if left untreated.

"Hyunjin!" Seungmin ran up to his best friend, his footsteps light on the pale brick.

The bridge they were meeting on always held good memories. 10 years ago, in the summer, Seungmin and Hyunjin had both been taking a walk, when they bumped into each other as complete strangers. Seungmin had recognized Hyunjin from school and they started hanging out on that very bridge every day. Now, the flowers were gone, and the summer heat was swept out of their hair by the December air.

The older turned to greet Seungmin, a beam on his face. He was wearing his favorite sweater, blue, with a little white diamond checkerprint pattern, and his raven hair was pulled back slightly.

"Hey! How are you?" He asked, pulling Seungmin into a warm hug, face flushed from the cold.

The younger blushed at the close proximity, his heart pattering against his chest.

'We're close enough to kiss', Seungmin shook his head, letting the thoughts disperse, "I'm good, what about you?"

"Perfect, at least, now that you're here," Hyunjin teased, ruffling the hair on Seungmin's head.

"Yah!" Seungmin slapped his friend's chest, "Stop that!"

Hyunjin laughed, and Seungmin pouted at him

Hyunjin chuckled, "Stop what? I have no clue what you're talking about."

"Yeah right!" Seungmin huffed, shivering slightly in his thin shirt. He was so excited to see Hyunjin that he'd forgotten to put on his coat.

"Hey, are you cold?" Hyunjin asked, a worried look on his face.

Seungmin shrugged, "I'm fine, let's just move indoors." He was about to turn and walk away, when he felt something soft get shoved into his arms. Looking down, he was greeted with a mass of blue and white checkered fabric.

It was Hyunjin's sweater.

"I'm fine, you'll get cold, put it back on," Seungmin protested, trying to give the article of clothing back to its owner.

Hyunjin grabbed the sweater and pulled it over the younger's head, despite the latter's complaints.

Hyunjin giggled at Seungmin's glare, "Come on, it's cute."

"Fine, I'll wear it for today, " Seungmin crossed his arms, "but I'm giving it back tomorrow at lunch."

"No keep it," Hyunjin smiled softly, "it looks better on you than it does me."

Seungmin sighed, his cheeks pink, 'if only you knew, how much I liked you.'

"Thanks, Hyung," He managed.

Hyunjin grinned, "No problem..."

His voice trailed off as he eyes fixed on something above Seungmin's head. The latter turned around, trying to see what had caught his attention.

It was a girl.

A really really pretty one at that.

Her brown hair was long and light, with perfectly sculpted bangs and brows. Her eyelashes curled demurely, and her lips were set in a cherry pout. Her brown doe eyes scanned the area, resting on Hyunjin.