'Yes... I think I should?"

I bit my tongue,

"Thank you." I said softly.

I waited 25 minutes, still no Jayden.

When he ran into the door, still in his work clothes.

"Were you at work?" I got up staring at his paint-stained clothes.

"Yeah, sorry, I couldn't get out."

"Pfft. As if, you're always late anyway. Doubt your boss would truly be bothered."

He just glared at me as we sat down.

"Atleast I'm trying." He whispered into my ear, looking at me intently.

I just nodded, trying my best not to look into his eyes, I couldn't.

I was humiliated.

We waited in silence until the Obstetrician came out to greet us with my name.

"Khrystina Singe?"

"Yes!" I shook my head a little as I was shattered out of my thoughts. I nodded and stood up, not thinking to look back at Jayden, who was right behind me, almost too close.

We entered a room, to be greeted by an unpleasant detergent-like smell.

We sat down upon invitation, as I waited impatiently for the damn guy to start speaking. Jayden... not so much.

"So, Khrystina, you are now 5 weeks pregnant, yes?" He looked up from his stapled papers.

"I think so? I didn't get my period on the 25th when I was meant to, so I took a pregnancy test, and... I don't know... D-does that really make it 5 weeks?!"

"Yes, it does." He smiled happily.

"Yay!" Jayden leaned back in the chair as he spoke sarcastically.

I glared at him as he smiled to himself, I looked to the doctor for potential support, and he gave me a very sympathetic look, it really touched me, almost as if he had experienced it himself.

Which probably wouldn't have been the case, but I enjoyed the understanding anyway.

"What's your name, sir?" He asked Jayden.

"Jayden." He smiled.

"Ah, okay, so you're the father, yes?"

"Mhm..." He nodded, before opening his mouth again to prevent the doctor almost answering.. "Well, I'm not too sure, God knows what she gets up to." He pointed his thumb at me as he leant forward again.

I frowned, opening my mouth to say something, but I couldn't find any words without being extremely impolite.

The Obstetrician nodded at me, and said directly to Jayden, "Well, possible-father-Jayden, may you please step out for a minute, unless it is to be Miss Singe's best wishes for you to stay, as I need to run some tests."

"Sure, I don't like blood anyway."

We both looked at him oddly as he stood up and walked out, there wouldn't be any blood involved.

But, then again how was he supposed to know.

"So, sweetheart, how have you been feeling so far?"

'Well... I'm really scared, and confused, and... alone." I looked down, saying it as if I'd just realised.

"Yes, I have plenty of patients who are experiencing what you are, and not many of the fathers are very supportive... proof?" He pointed to the door.