Chapter 3

just to quickly clarify:

Y/NN = Your nickname

H/L = Hair length

______________________________

Over the 3 days, you grew more comfortable with your classmates, excluding Mineta, and making your way around the school. You and Todoroki would often eat lunch together, being joined by either Izuku, Iida and Uraraka or Denki, Kirishima, Sero and Mina. 

Bakugou refused to eat with you, it was something about him asserting dominance? That's what Mina told you, at least. You began to wonder if he was a furry. You grimaced.

However, also throughout the few days, your quirk seemed to grow out of control. Somehow, without knowing, you would overuse your quirk instead of using a small percentage. 

This meant that no matter how little the amount of electricity you used, it would ramp up to almost ten-fold of how much was intended. It became so bad that even the small spark you used to do with Denki during your fist-bump ended up electrocuting him, which made his output of electricity 10 times stronger when you were training.

He was trying to use his full strength and ended up using both of yours combined, which meant that instead of him looking super high and having the mentality of a 3 year old, he straight up passed out. You felt so guilty afterwards and tried to explain it to him, but he refused to allow you take the blame and said he hadn't gotten much sleep.

You were in English, right after training and you were resting your head on the table, nearly falling asleep. Your arms were zapping consistently, but you didn't want to tell anyone. You didn't need anyone worrying about you.

Present Mic's voice was crazy loud and you couldn't fall asleep. You groaned and lifted your head up, when suddenly, you had a genius idea. You could ask to use the toilet and secretly go and take a nap in the changing rooms or somewhere warm.

You were about to raise your arm, but you couldn't. You tried as hard as you could to move your arms, but they were just fully paralysed. You could only slightly move your fingertips. Your eyes widened in shock as you tried to think of what to do. 

Eventually you leaned towards Todoroki, who was sat directly next to you. "Todoroki. I can't move my arms."

He narrowed his eyes at your lack of use of his nickname, "What do you mean?"

"They're fully numb." You whispered to him, an expression of worry sprawled across your face. "I can't move them at all--" You paused and hissed in pain as the small shocks became worse. You rolled your shoulders in an attempt to try and regain feeling, but all it did was make it worse.

The zapping became worse and the strikes of electricity became more visible and shocked for longer. Todoroki's brow furrowed and he shuffled slightly closer towards you. "Y/N, are you okay? What's going on?"

Tears pricked in the corners of your eyes as the pain grew worse, suddenly making Todoroki feel a pang of concern. He reached out a hand to try and cool down your arms, but you snapped away from him. He knitted his brows. "N-no, don't touch me, Todoroki. It'll shock you."

"Listen, Y/N, I understand that you're worried about electrocuting me, but I have to help cool you down." Todoroki whispered to you, this unfamiliar feeling of concern growing by the second.

You flinched as another spike of electricity shocked you, "N-no, the cooling only helps the numbness. You'll g-get electrocuted if you touch me, and it won't help muCH- AH!" You exclaimed louder as an extremely agonising strike of electricity shocked you, turning the heads of classmates around you.