Lies

"Yeji... you should stay here with Forrest." Hyunjin whispers to the girl resting on his shoulder. She had been crying all day and was exhausted because of the stress. She nods quietly and stands up, walking over to Forrest's hospital room. Hyunjin sighs and leaves the hospital to call an uber and go back to his college. Just then he got a call on his phone.

What's up ma?

Hyunjin! I heard about Forrest, is he okay?!

Yes ma... he's fine. He just needs rest.

Stay safe Hyunjin... please.

Okay, I will.

Hyunjin hangs up the phone, walking back to his dorm. The one person that he could talk to about his situation, got hurt because of his situation. Hyunjin opens the door and looks at the time on his watch to realize that he might as well just stay awake since first period starts in about 4 hours. Hyunjin makes a small cup of coffee and leaves his dorm once more, walking down to Chris' class. 

     "Hey Jin. What are you doing down here so late?" Chris asks, the more Hyunjin looks at the boy, the more Chris looks like a college student.

     "Mornings are for coffee and contemplation." Chris couldn't see his face, but he could see the boy's eyes smiling. Hyunjin slips his mask down and takes a sip out of the cup before opening his sketchbook and taking out a pencil. The boy looks around for some inspiration on what to draw until his eyes land on Chris. Hyunjin smiles and starts sketching out the boy's features. His sharp jawline, eyes, nose, wide smile and his dimples that pop up on the side of his cheeks. He has two small hoop earrings; black curly hair and he has the hood of his sweatshirt pulled over his head.

     "What are you drawing?" Chris asks, walking over to the younger.

     "You." Hyunjin looks up to see the boy's reaction, and Chris just stood there with a puzzled expression, so Hyunjin waved him over. Chris stands beside the boy and sees an extremely well-drawn picture of him, but he shakes his head. 

     "I don't look like that though..." Chris furrows his eyebrows and looks back at Hyunjin who's starting to call someone.

     "That's how Seungmin sees you though."  Someone picks up the phone and Hyunjin laughs.

     Hey Seungmin! Chris looks at the boy and shyly smiles.

     Hey Hyunjin, what's up?

     I'm trying to draw Chris, so I need you to tell me what he looks like from your perspective.

     Oh yeah, I can do that! So... uh... Chris has a sharp jaw; his eyes turn into crescent moons when he smiles. He has a beautiful smile, two dimples on the side of his cheeks. He has a wide nose so that's my favorite place to give him kisses. And his hair is black, soft and curly. Also, when he left for work this morning, he was wearing the black sweatshirt I got him for his birthday. Hyunjin looks up at Chris and sees a dark shade of pink coating his cheeks as he tries to hide his face.

     That's great Seungmin thanks.

     Yeah, no problem! 

     Hyunjin hangs up the phone and shrugs at the embarrassed boy. Chris picks up the boy's sketchbook and takes another look at the picture and smiles. "I didn't know you could draw this well... can you paint too?" Chris asks, and Hyunjin nods.

     "A little, yeah." Hyunjin goes back to the drawing and adds more details while Chris is watching, admiring the boy's drawing skills. "Isn't class starting soon?" Hyunjin looks up from the paper.

     "Today's Saturday." Chris sits next to the boy and slips off his hood, fluffing up his hair and then pulling his hood back over his head. Suddenly someone opens the door to the classroom and runs and tackles Chris.

     "I just realized it was Saturday so why did you go to work?" Seungmin asks with his arms around Chris.

     "Because my friends are here. And look at this drawing Hyunjin made." Hyunjin hands Chris his sketchbook and Seungmin looks at the drawing of Chris, making his jaw drop. He immediately takes his phone out and takes a picture of it.

     "Beautiful." Seungmin kisses the boy's nose. "You still left me." Seungmin stops smiling, and Hyunjin could swear it looked like Chris saw his life flash before his eyes.

     "But... Hyunjin and Felix and Minho a-"

     "You've been demoted to boyfriend." Seungmin takes the hood off of the boy's head.

     "If I'm just your boyfriend then you can't kiss me anymore." Seungmin gasps dramatically and tries to kiss him, but Chris pulls away. "You already married me so I can't be your boyfriend anymore." Chris looks over at Hyunjin who's just drawing again.

     "Fine..." Seungmin sighs and walks over to Hyunjin. "What are you drawing now?" Seungmin sees a clear picture of him with his arms around Chris, pecking him on the nose. Hyunjin looks up at the boy and smiles, flipping to a new page and telling Seungmin to sit down. The boy sketches a bit, looks up at Seungmin, sketches some more.

     That continues until the boy just keeps looking down at the paper without looking at the boy in front of him anymore. "Do you guys want to do something?" Chris asks, and the two others nod. Seungmin and Chris go up to the dorms and wake everyone else up and then they all pile into Seungmin's car.

     "Where are we going?" Jeongin asks, and Chris turns around to face him.

     "Somewhere to get breakfast." Chris says. Soon they pull up to a place called SKZ Cafe, the boys get out and walk inside. 

     "Welcome to SKZ Café!" A woman asks, enthusiastically. 

     "Just a moment please..." Chris says, turning back around a leading everyone to a  large table in the back of the café.

     Hyunjin sits down, and then Felix sits right beside him. Hyunjin began to get paranoid. He didn't know if Minji followed him to the café he didn't know if she was watching them right now. After all she's done Hyunjin didn't know what she could do next. "I need to... use the bathroom." Hyunjin walks pass everyone and over to the bathroom when he feels someone bump into his back.

     "Hyunjin?" Felix asks, taking ahold of the boy's hand. 

     "What?" Hyunjin turns around.

     "Why are you avoiding me?"

     "I'm not."

     "Yes, you are, I wanna know why."

     "I'm not avoiding you." Hyunjin furrows his eyebrows.

     "Yes, you are."

     "What do you want me to tell you Felix?!"

     "I want you to tell me why you don't want to be around me anymore!" Felix's voice shakes and his lip quivers. The boy never takes it well when someone yells at him.

     "Because I don't!" Hyunjin yells, and Felix tightens his grip on the boy's hand.

     "...Are you lying to me?" Felix asks, a tear slipping down his face. Hyunjin squeezes his eyes closed. All the pressure of trying to stay away from Felix, watching his friend almost bleed to death, Hear his friend scream for help. If only he had never met Cha Minji then none of this would have ever happened. Hyunjin opens his eyes again and sees Felix just standing there, silently waiting for an answer as tears roll down his face and the boy just loses it.

     "GODDAMN IT FELIX MOVE." Hyunjin pushes his way pass the boy and runs out of the door. There was nothing, no one stopping him. The boy just runs, no destination. Hyunjin ends up in a park and sits down on a bench, biting his lips until it bleeds.

     Please let this be over already