Activities

As multiple people begin to jump out of their seats, Mr. Chris pulls them to a halt. "Before we go," he chuckles, "there is one thing you all must do if you want to have a good outing."

     The students all sit expectantly, waiting for instructions. "You have to wear a mask." Mr. Kim finishes. Some of the student's groan, but most of them just get up and grab a mask while following the two out of the bus. "We must avoid any rumors being made since no-one knows that I am married at all." Seungmin explains while they walk towards their destination.

     All of the students had to bring their backpacks since they were spending a whole day outside, so they left it on the bus. Minho taps Hyunjin on the shoulder and nods over towards the other boys' direction. Hyunjin looks at the other two walking beside them and sees Felix walking unusually slow, stumbling over his own feet every once and a while.

     Hyunjin was about to go over and help him but then Jisung walks backwards and holds Felix's hand, dragging him forward alongside Hyunjin and Minho. 

     Jisung notices Minho and Hyunjin staring at them with a confused face, and he sighs. "When Felix isn't familiar with a place, he doesn't exactly know how to navigate around it." He says. The two boys nod and continue inside the place.

     "Here we are." Mr. Chris smiles, everyone looks up at the sign and are immediately excited. They were at a really famous place called "Step Out." It has a place where you can get food, arcade games, and karaoke. All of the girls rush to the karaoke section and that leaves all of the boys by themselves.

     Minho and Hyunjin run up to Chris and Seungmin run and Jisung drags Felix along. "Hey Mr. Kim!" Minho says, but then Seungmin turns around looking a bit embarrassed. 

     "Just call me Seungmin, I'm younger than you all anyways." He says, bowing again.

     "If we can just call you Seungmin, then you don't have to bow to us." Jisung smiles, "Let's just be like college friends!" he says, side hugging Seungmin and leading him off with Felix to the arcade games.

     "Can we be friends with you too?" Hyunjin asks Mr. Chris, and he looks dumbfounded for a second.

     "Well, you're already friends with my husband so why not?" Chris smiles

     They follow the others over to the arcade games and Chris finds Felix standing beside Jisung while he's raging at a game he's losing. 

     Chris taps Felix on the shoulder and Felix looks surprised for a second. "Hyun...jin?" He guesses, and Chris just laughs. "Ohhh, Mr. Chris, what's up?"

     Chris gets shocked by how Felix knew who he was just by his laugh, but he didn't question it. "You know Felix, now that I think about it, you don't look like you're from Korea." He says.

     Felix just makes an "oh" sound and then continues. "Yeah actually, I'm from Australia." He smiles. "Sidney Australia."

     "Really? I'm from Sidney too."

     "What kind of high school did you go to?"

     "Co-educational. In the Dundas Suburb of Sydney"

     Felix pauses for a second after hearing his answer. "...Chan?"

     Chris looks confused, shocked even. "What? How did you-"

     "Remember! Yongbok, I'm Yongbok! From high school!" Felix exclaims, jumping up and down out of excitement.

     "Woah! I never thought I'd see you again!" Chris exclaims, hugging the absolute crap out of Felix. Chris and Felix catch up over some things that happened in high school, laughing so hard that their stomachs hurt.

     "Yay. Glad that you guys have had your little reunion, now Chris come help me win this game." Jisung orders, and Chris happily walks towards Jisung and takes over.

     After a little while of listening to Chris and Jisung cheer and then complain over how the game is rigged, Felix begins to walk around. Using his sense of sound to guide him to someone he knows, "Hyunjin... Seungmin..." he mumbles.

     What Felix doesn't know, was that Seungmin and Hyunjin had fled to the karaoke section. All of the girls were squealing when Hyunjin walked up to select a song, and Seungmin stood beside him with a microphone, waiting for the music to start playing. But while Hyunjin was busy looking at the song choices, one of the girls ducked under them and turned the volume up to full blast. She giggled and ran back to her seat as the older boy finally made a decision.

     As soon as Hyunjin pressed start, it was almost as if the sound shook the room. Seungmin laughed and started singing, and so did Hyunjin. But then he stopped. Because over the lively music, he heard the most painfully loud scream. But no, the others didn't hear it, and neither did Jisung or Chris because they too were yelling at the top of their lungs at each other over the stupid game they were playing.

     He recognized the scream, the voice. It was Felix. Then Hyunjin remembered something that made the microphone slip right out of his hand, "The doctors said my hearing shouldn't be this advanced, so even the pop of a balloon could hurt my ears." If just the merest sound of a popping balloon could hurt Felix's ears, Hyunjin couldn't imagine how much he could be hurting right now.

     Everyone looks as Hyunjin with confusion and worry as to why he dropped to microphone, but all he does is run out as fast as he could. His fists slam into the door, and he continues to run in the direction of the deafening cries.

     Hyunjin stops running when he sees the source of the sound. Felix sits on his knees, his hands clasped over his ears. It sounded like he would rip his vocal cords to shreds, his eyes were squeezed shut and tears were streaming down his face. Hyunjin ran up to him, "Felix!" He yells. But it was like the boy couldn't hear him, he wouldn't move either.

     Hyunjin wraps his arms around him, and Felix's arms drop to the ground, his screams turning into desperate sobs. Hyunjin replaces Felix's hands with his own, shielding Felix's ears. Seungmin comes running towards them, looking confused.

     "Turn it off."

     "What?!" Seungmin yells over the music

     "Turn the damn music off!" Hyunjin yells

     Seungmin's eyes widen at the tone of the boy's voice, but he just nods and quickly goes back. Then, Hyunjin's eyebrows furrow at the weird feeling of his hands. Like something was dripping on them. But he doesn't dare to pull back. Soon enough, he feels whatever was dripping start to trickle through his fingers, and his jaw clenches.

     "Blood."