𝙢𝙞𝙭𝙚𝙧

[ present day, age 25 ]

After preforming a two hour long surgery, you make your way on the rooftop where you exhale a stress relief of a cigarette.

"If it isn't Dr. l/n, busy day?" The charming purple haired Shinso chuckles while exhaling a puff of smoke.

Shinso and you first met at your University where he studied a semester in the medical course as part of an exchange program with UA. He ended up being one of your close guy friends who even visited after the semester was over. Shinso especially helped with your horrible breakup which ended in a miscarriage — but that story is for another time.

"It's been non stop surgery's back to back" you sigh, "treating heroes are such a pain, they come back almost every other week with some wound" you mutter earning another chuckle from Shinso

"That's a lot of slander for someone who studied at Shiketsu University with a hero license" Shinso half heartedly laughs.

He wasn't wrong, when you came back to Japan at 18 and applied for a medical degree, you also had to undergo a part of hero training that grants you permission to use your quirk in public to save people.

"Shut up, Toshi" lightly shoving him earning another laugh.

Ringg Ringg

CALLER ID: Camie

You excuse yourself from Shinso, picking up the phone call.

"Camie what is it?"

"Y/N~" she screams to the phone as you wince pulling the phone further away from your ears, "You're off tomorrow right!? Come with me to a mixer!"

( author note: In Japan, a gōkon, otherwise known as mixers, is a group blind date )

A sigh escapes your lips, regretting ever telling her your schedule in the first place. Most days she would invite you to these mixer events to try and find her mr right.

"I'm on call tomorrow, so it's not technically a day off if an emergency happens" — which in a society with heroes getting injured almost everyday was a likely event.

"Come on~ you don't even have to talk to the guys, just come to make up for the numbers! Please~ come and help your bestie, you still owe me! I won't ask you for anything else, I promise!"

A defeated sigh escapes your lips once more, "fine but just this one time" she squeals from the other line of the phone as you end the call.

Shinso observing your change in demeanour breaks the silence, "got a date?" He asks with a raised brow.

You shake your head, "Camie wants me to go to a mixer with her" Shinso hums in reply as you observe him. He was tall, pretty handsome with dark eye bags which somehow adds to his charm. His personality was good and he had his funny moments here and there. Suddenly a lightbulb goes on in your mind, "Heyy Toshi.. you're single right?" You blurt out

"Yeah.. why?" His gaze narrows with distrust in his tone

"Date Camie please and get her off my back" pleading with your palms clasped together but Shinso simply chuckles at your cute actions.

"I don't think so kitten, she seems too loud for my liking" he smirks patting your head and calling you by your pet name.

"Tsk, I thought we were friends but clearly not" a dramatic sigh escapes, putting your hand on your head as if to show your clear distress, "I thought heroes were meant to save damsels in distress"

"And I thought doctors shouldn't smoke but here we are" he quickly retaliates and shrugs while you return to your normal state.

"Stupid Shinso" you mumble loud enough for him to hear, looking down at your watch as the time inches closer for your next surgery, "anyways Toshi, I'll see your troll hair around, another surgery awaits"