Chapter 9: Before Sunset

Start from the beginning

Rebekah: Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me.

Klaus: Alaric Saltzman is supposed to be dead. Wheres Ash?

Rebekah: Well, he's not and he's a vampire thanks to Mother's spell with a white oak stake that can't kill him. He's strong, Nic. Too strong.

Klaus: Where is he now and where's Ash?

Rebekah: He's stuck at the school without a daylight ring, but as soon as night falls he'll come after us.

Klaus: Rebekah, where is Ash?

Rebekah: He got her but-

[Klaus speeds towards Rebekah and pins her to the wall]

Klaus: Why did you not help her?

Rebekah: If I did, how would you discover that we were both kidnapped?

[He lets her go and sighs]

Klaus: Fine. I'll collect Elena then Ash, and we'll be on our way.

Rebekah: Forget Elena! You don't need any more stupid hybrids!

Klaus: What I need is protection from Esther's continued assaults against us.

Rebekah: We'll protect each other like we always have. Always and forever, Nik.

Klaus: I'm not leaving without her.

Rebekah: I'm going to save Ash now. You can either walk out that door with me or you are on your own.

[Klaus looks at her but says nothing.]

Rebekah: Fine. Trust your hybrids over your family. Let your spite be the death of you, see if I care.

[Rebekah walks out of the room, walking into Tyler on the way out.]

Rebekah: Move it, sire boy!

Tyler: What's her deal?

[Klaus stares at him and Tyler continues into the room.]

GILBERT RESIDENCE

[Bonnie, Damon, and Stefan are in the kitchen together. Stefan brings Bonnie a towel for her neck wound.]

Stefan: What do you mean he turned? I thought you were standing guard!

Damon: Don't blame me. Blame Bonnie the blood bank. She fed him.

Bonnie: I had no idea what was happening. Okay, the witches led me there. They wanted him to feed so he turned.

Stefan: So, where's the stake now?

Damon: Oh, you mean the white oak one? The one that can kill an Original and wipe out an entire line of vampires? We don't know.

[Damon glares at Bonnie as he speaks the last few words.]

Bonnie: If you are so upset with me, why did you feed me your blood to save my life?

Damon: Because I do stupid things, Bonnie. I do things, like let my friend die with dignity when I should have just killed him.

Stefan: Alright, so how do we kill him now?

Bonnie: I've been trying to figure that out. A witch can't truly make an immortal creature, there is always a way to undo a spell.

Damon: So, what's the witchy workaround?

Bonnie: That's the problem. I don't know.

[Elena is upstairs in Alaric's old room. Her phone rings. She picks it up and sees that it is Alaric calling her. She answers it.]