draw me like that

ok before i start, i'm not the biggest fan of moderns unless they're written well (which is why i'm gonna hate mine) yet, i'm writing one. 

basically hiccup is an artist who does portraits on commision and most of his commissions are nude girls laying in bed or something. astrid is friends with hiccup and they share a dorm room but she never knew about this and wants to see for herself.

they are around 19/20 here and NOT dating. 

inspired by the scene in titanic where jack draws rose

Hiccup Haddock was said to be an innocent man. He was the top student at Berkeley College and the best rider at Berkeley Equestrian. 

He rode his horse, Toothless, an all black OTTB (off the track Thoroughbred).

He always stayed on top of his grades and never missed a class. He was the college nerd and yet all the girls were consistently swarming him like a pack of wolves hunting its prey.

He was the best looking guy out of all the sophomore's and every girl always wanted him for their own. 

However, Hiccup wasn't looking to date anyone at the moment, so he kept that subject out of his mind. 

He shared a dorm with one of his best friends since high school, Astrid Hofferson. She was there for him since Freshman year at Berkeley High.

They've never showed any sort of romance towards each other but still stayed very close.

They walked to class together, ate all their meals together and literally did everything with each other. Not to mention the fact that Astrid was also on the Berkeley Equestrian Team and rode the light dapple grey Belgian Warmblood, Stormfly. 

They were both jumpers and often competed at show jumping competitions together. 

Despite knowing him for so long, she didn't know that he was one heck of an artist. Solely because he kept his art skills a secret. 

He kept all his sketchbooks and drawing pads hidden away behind the bed where no one would find them. 

It was also good that he kept them hidden because of what drawings were in them. Sure he had drawings of Toothless and some still-life sketches, but no one really knew what was hidden within the pages of this sketchbook.

Every now and then, especially during summer, girls around the school pay him to draw them nude in a sexual position on the bed or couch. Each drawing like this could get him a few hundred dollars. That's why he continued doing it, so that he could make a profit from it.

Hiccup also saw it as a form of training for him so that he could improve on his figure and human drawing skills. 

The odd thing is that most of these girls don't even end up taking the drawing, they just leave it with Hiccup, hoping that he'd ask them out sometime. 

***

Hiccup had just finished riding practice with Toothless and was already exhausted from the long day of lectures and classes. 

The sun began to set and the golden tint of light shone through the windows of the hallway Hiccup trudged through. In his riding clothes and boots, helmet in one hand and backpack slung over his shoulder. 

His knees and thighs were killing him from his torturous flatwork class and was about to collapse in the middle of the hallway.

When he finally reached the front door of his dorm, he fumbled in his pocket for the keys and opened the door in relief, only to have a terrifying scene unfold in front of him.