42. Original Mahabharata?

Author's POV

A nervous chuckle left Indu's mouth. And that was not the only thing about her which screamed nervous. Her hands seemed to be fidgeting with the end of her dupatta and she kept shifting in her place. After all, having questioning gazes at you, who question your entire identity isn't all that comforting. Her brothers, the mighty Pandavas, seemed to be awry of her. Arjun was the only one who seemed to not understand this concept while the others seemed to be processing the information.

"For the last time, Bhrata, I am your sister. I remember almost all the incidents of my previous life, which somehow was in the future. As I get older, all of my memories come back. When I was younger, I seemed to not remember much." She grunted, trying her best not to roll her eyes.

"So, what is the 'Original Mahabharat', as Vasudev told you that day?" Yudishthir asked as he signalled the rest to sit down near him. They formed a circle, her and Yudishthir's back, now, facing the lake.

"It's what would've happened if I wasn't in your lives." She mumbled, hesitantly.

The five brothers glanced at each other, remembering how dreadful they felt when they thought of her not being with them. Yudishthir nodded, wanting her to continue. But she was in a trail of thoughts. Worrying about what she should tell them which relates with their lives here.

"Why is it called Mahabharat?" Bheem asked, shifting towards his Jyeshta.

"It's complicated."

"Wait a minute, so that peculiar box which I keep stealing from you is something from the future?" Arjun questioned, finally using his brain. (I am throwing shade, proudly.)

Indu nodded, wondering if they would finally leave her phone alone now.

"So, everything would be pretty much similar before I was born. I'll tell you what happens after you all are born. Keep in mind, me, Agnishika or Arya aren't present in this." She sighs as she notices the look of dismay on Nakul's face upon hearing his ex-wife's name. "Similar events occur, Pitashree dies, you all go to Hastinapur where the Kauravas never accept you and then, you all go to gurukul."

"You all return as mighty warriors and the Kala Pradarshan happens. Then, the war with Panchal and Ashwathamma is crowned. And then, where everything changes is the Lakhshagraha incident. You all decide to quit the luxuries, right? Bhrata Bheem marries Jiji Hidimba and has Ghatotkacha. Later, you all go to Draupadi's swayamvar." Her breath hitched, not knowing how to explain the gravity of the situation to them. So far, the brothers seemed to be interested but it seemed as if they all were waiting for something to happen.

"I had prevented Bhrata Karn from participating the swayamvar, which didn't happen in the Original Mahabharat. Many say that he participated and Draupadi had insulted him. She only wanted to marry Bhrata Arjun, as Kanha had told her a lot about him and so had Maharaj Drupad. Bhrata Arjun won, of course. You all returned to the hut and revealed your identities to Draupadi." She stopped, look at all of their expressions. The only time there was a slight change in any one of their expressions, it was Arjun's. He seemed disappointed at hearing Angraj getting insulted but was content that he had still married his dear Draupadi.