"When Ruhika was around 10, She met with an accident and she needed blood during surgery but the situation turned worse when the hospital ran out of the AB- blood. She had no choice but come to me since my blood group is AB- as well. That was the first time she told me that she was pregnant when she left and she have a daughter with me. I ran some medical tests to confirm it and it turned out that Ruhika was my daughter."

"Jab aapko pta chal gya tha then you could have brought Ruhika with you. Why did you leave her there?"

(When you knew than you could have brought her here.)

"I suddenly can't ask a 10 year old to come with me. I had to think about her state as well. Tell me, how should she might have felt knowing that a stranger is claiming to be her father." Naveen reasoned out, making him understand.

"So I started meeting her more often after her school hours and sometimes on weekends as well so we grew pretty close over the time. I asked her to come with me around the time she turned 14 but she refused. Do you know what she said? She said that I have a whole family but she only has her mother and her mother only had her so she can never leave her alone." Aayansh felt his heart getting heavy listening to his father.

All this time, Ruhika knew that she have a family but stayed away, for whom, for someone who never deserved to be called as a mother.

"Why only these two? What about the man for whom she left us all?" He asked, almost in a mocking tone but at the same time, He was curious to know that what happened which ended up the woman who gave him birth in this condition, by no one beside her.

"I asked her the same thing after Ruhi's surgery and she told me that when Ruhi was around 3, she found out that the man already had a family, a wife and two kids so she left him and started living alone with Ruhi."

"Serves her right." Aayansh huffed, gritting his teeth but he felt bad for Ruhika, who had no one except her mother.

"So you have been meeting Ruhika for 14 years now?" He looked at his father, still trying to process everything.

"Aap le aate na use yha. She would have lived a much better life here. I can't imagine how she might have lived there. You could have filed a case for her custody." He mumbled pinching the bridge of his nose.

(You could have brought her here.)

"I could have done anything to bring her here but I wasn't that selfish to snatch away someone's only reason to live."

Aayansh couldn't get how his father was always calm, he was betrayed yet he handled him and Ahaan all alone. His father married again and tolerated his behavior towards Avantika. Along with that, he got to know that he have a daughter as well.

"And moreover, Ruhika never wanted to come with me. About leaving a better life, don't feel guilty. I have been paying for her expenses ever since I got to know about her, just that Ruhika have stopped taking money from me after she turned 21. She said that she have grown up and can earn now, but who would tell her that Betiyaan baap ke liye kabhi Badi nhi hoti." Naveen continued, explaining him everything.

(Daughters never grow up for a father.)

The moment of silence filled between father and son when Aayansh didn't know what to say or how to react.

"Aap muje Kab batane wale the ye sab?" He looked at his father, a little angry and disappointed for hiding such a big thing from him.

(When you were going to tell me this?)

"I'm sorry I didn't. I wanted to tell you but Ruhi didn't want it. She said that you'd hate her just like you hate her mother."

I can never hate her. She never did anything wrong.