When Tragedy Strikes

I've spent two years on the run, not that anyone is looking for me. No one in the Red Keep cares about my existence. They don't care about the prince, because with me out of the way someone else can sit on the Iron Throne when my father dies. It shouldn't be long anyway. I've heard broken hearts do that to people.

The day my mother died will forever be scarred in my mind. We were out riding in the Kingswood. Father was busy, but he told us to enjoy ourselves. Mother seemed disappointed, but soon we were riding and laughing without a care in the world.

And then out of the wood, an arrow struck my mother from her horse. I leapt from my horse, Colliff, and ran to her side. I called out for her, but I knew she was gone. Ten years old, and I watched my mother die.

When my father found out, it was like he died with her. The infamous King Joffrey reduced to a shell of a man, living in seclusion. He turned me away, his own son! I endured four years of silence and stares and loneliness. I left when I was 14 and I didn't look back.

I've spent two years searching my mother's killer. I traveled through the darkest parts of King's Landing, hoping not to be spotted by a Kingsguard. I had very few leads, mainly blind accusations to Cersei. I remembered when my mother told me of how she killed Stannis' Red Priestess, and wondered if there were any Stannis supporters still left.

Which leads me to where I am now. My parents rarely spoke of Stannis or the battle in which the Priestess was killed, and all the records only mention that it was the death of the Priestess that allowed the Crown to win the war. My parents only allowed me to study where Stannis once lived, but nothing about his family or House Baratheon. I have arrived in Dragonstone looking for anything that could lead me to my mother's murderer.

To keep my identify a secret, I've had to appear as though I have very little, when my family is the richest in the Seven Kingdoms. I am at an old inn, posing as a farmboy wanting to join what remains of House Baratheon's troops.

A knock at the door wrestled me from my thoughts. "There's a letter for you, boy." The inn keeper slipped it under the door.

Dear Ser, I am pleased to hear there are still people willing to protect the Baratheon name. Please come to the Dragonstone stronghold on the morrow to discuss with me your intentions and display your skills.
-Lady Shireen

I've never heard of a Lady Shireen. If she's of any relation to Stannis then she is a suspect as well. I cannot trust anyone.