"The poor woman is a single mother of two kids, so I couldn't say no," she adds with a sigh. "But I now have to work late in the evening."

I sit down next to her and look her directly in the eyes, when I say, "You already know I want to take a job to help you pay the bills."

She is about to protest, but I raise my finger to shut her up. "And I think it is time you let me do it. By the way, I will not accept a no as an answer." I tell her with my serious voice.

For a minute she just watches me. She knows I'm determined and after she is sure I wont change my mind, my aunt sighs, "Alright, but only on one condition."

I smile happily at her and ask, "And what would that be?"

"You can work for Nancy, she already suggested you to help her out," Lily answers me and I nodd at her suggestion.

It is the same plan I came up with. Nancy is a lovely elder lady in her mid sixties. She is the owner of a little bakery not so far away from our place. When I was little, she often looked after me because my aunt had to work and I wasn't old enough to be on my own. The time I spent with her was always amazing. She taught me how to bake and had always an open ear for me. Even if she isn't my grandmother, I always saw her as my own.

"And," Lily ads, and I raise my brows waiting for her to continue, "You have to keep some of the money you earn."

"These are two conditions," I can not stop myself from letting the words slip out of my tongue.

But then I nod and give her a big hug. She immediately engulfs me in one of her own and begins to run her fingers through my hair.

I feels great to be in her embrace and I know she loves me as much as I love her, even when I'am not her real daughter.

"You grew up so quickly," she mumbles into my hair and after a while she lets go of me, giving me a small exhausted smile.

I smile back at her and tell her in my best mature voice to lay down for a bit, while I'am going to  make lunch. First she wants to protest like the stubborn person she is, but when she notice my expression she agrees.

But before she leaves to follow my request, she asks me, "When did you become the adult in our relationship?"

I only chuckle at her question and shoo her away.

That's the least I can do for all the things you have done for me over the years, I think to myself and then walk into the kitchen to prepare lunch.

And during cooking our meal, I try to come up with an idea to sneak out later. I don't even ask her, because I know she hates the idea of underage drinking and alcohol in general. My aunt has two sides, being a strict adult and being a nice, caring and lovely person.

But in the end my thoughts are needless, because my aunt gets a call after we ate the lunch I made. There is an emergency at the hospital and she has to leave the house earlier, about eight o'clock.

So I have two hours left to get ready. More than enough, I think and lay down for a while, reading one of my favorite books. But time seems to pass by more quickly and before I know what happens, it is already half ten.

"Shit," I curse, when I glance at the clock. Aiden will be here in half an hour.

I'am not the kind of girl, who always wants to look like she comes out of a magazine, but I still want to look presentable.

So I take the quickest shower in my life. Even flash, the fastest guy in the world would have been jealous. After that I blow dried my long brown hair and search for an outfit. In the end I go for some grew skinny jeans, my favorite pair of ankle boots and a nice black top. I pair it up with my black leather jacket and the bracelet I wear all the time. It's a heirloom from my mum, her and dad's initials are engraved on it. It is quiet simple with its golden color and perfect for me, because I like it simple.