𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 23: 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃

I stepped off the plane, my heart heavy with conflicting emotions. As I walked through the bustling airport terminal, I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. My family was waiting for me at the arrival gate, excited to see me after a long absence. But the reason behind my melancholy was standing just a few feet away, adorned in a captain's uniform. She was talking to Sunny. Kahit na malayo ako ay alam ko nagkakainitan ang dalawa ngayon but they still manage to calm down. Nauna ako maglakad kay Sunny dahil ayaw ko mag stay na kasama si Evelyn.

I was walking with my kids towards my family. My steps faltered as I approached my waiting family. I forced a smile, attempting to mask the turmoil churning within me. But as I got closer, it became harder to keep up the façade. I saw my parents' beaming faces, their eyes brimming with joy. Althea, jumped up and down, eager to welcome me home. They had no idea of the emotional storm brewing inside me.

I couldn't escape the thought that our paths had crossed once again, albeit in the most unexpected way. How could fate be so cruel? The expanse of the airport terminal seemed to shrink as I closed the distance, and every step felt like a struggle against the weight of my heart. I yearned for a moment of respite, a moment to gather my thoughts and find solace.

"Baby!" It's Max.

My eyes focused on Max's matured face, taking in every detail. His sharp jawline gave him a rugged and masculine appearance, accentuated by a hint of stubble that adorned his chin. His deep-set, black eyes had a mysterious allure. Max wore a charcoal gray suit that hugged his broad shoulders perfectly, accentuating his masculine physique. He got that glow up he deserves. Wala na siya bilbil. Halata ko.

He was about to hug me but I avoided it and hugged mom instead. I laugh when I heard his murmurs.

"Jusko! Ang ganda mo na bata ka! Para ka na artista!"

My eyes first fell upon my mother. Her face, now adorned with deep lines and wrinkles, told a story of a life well-lived. The radiant glow that once emanated from her cheeks had faded. Her smile, now framed by fine lines.

"Ma, mana lang sa'yo." Biro ko pa at tumingin kay Papa na nakangiti lang sakin. Nag bless lang ako sakanya at tumingin sa mga anak ko na ngayon pinagkakaguluhan ng kapatid ko at ni Max.

I gaze upon my sister's face, I am captivated by its breathtaking beauty. Every feature seems delicately crafted, combining to create a portrait of perfection. She became more beautiful than ever. Talagang ginamit ata nito lahat ng mga beauty products na pinadala ko sakanya. Kidding.

"Kayo lang te?" Thea suddenly ask me.

I looked at Raica beside me. She shrugged her shoulders and looked at our backs. Ganun rin ginawa ko. Then there she is walking towards us, carrying her luggage wearing her smile. Napatingin ako sa likod niya. She's alone. No Evelyn. Mabuti naman.

"Ah! ayan na, Tara!" Si Thea at dinala na si Leil. Nauna na sila naglakad na parang nagmamadali pa ito.

"I miss you!!"

"Miss you too, Tita."

"Aba'y, englishera na ang ineng!"

Napailing na lamang ako sa narinig ko usapan ni Thea at Leil Habang papalayo samin. I faced Sunny who went first to my parents. Nag bless siya sa dalawa pagkatapos ay nagbatian then she went to me.

"Everything is fine?" I ask.

She nodded."Let's not just think about her." She said and hold my right hand."Tara na po," habol niya kila Mama at pinauna sila magkad.