"Really?" she asked, and Cedric nodded.

"Yeah, when everyone first found out people rushed to Hogsmeade to get cards and stuff. It was... intense." he admitted, and the two pulled away from one another.

"So, what's up?" he asked.

"Well, I did a lot of thinking in the Hospital Wing, because there isn't really a lot else to do, I guess. But I ended up thinking about everything that happened between you and I and, well, I think I'd like to be friends with you again." Cassiopeia said, and Cedric broke into a large grin.

"I was hoping you would say that! I've missed our time together, Cassie." he said in a celebratory manner.

"And, I think I want to tell you something important. I've not told anyone else this, because I don't know how they'd react, but I trust you won't tell anyone..." Cassiopeia traced off. She knew she had to say this, to avoid the problems they encountered beforehand, but she hadn't verbalised this to anyone.

Cedric frowned slightly, concerned. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, yes, um... I'm a homosexual. A lesbian." she finally said, and the Hufflepuff noticed she was shaking slightly.

"Really? Wow, Cass, I don't think I know any other lesbians, that's quite cool." he smiled, and Cassiopeia looked up at her friend, confused.

"Is it?" she asked.

"It's unique! And don't worry, I won't tell anyone. It must be hard to see where people stand on this stuff." Cedric nodded, and the girl started to tear up.

Hugging him again, Cassiopeia sniffled. "So, so hard. Thank you, Ced."

"It's alright, Cass... of course it's me who had a crush on a lesbian for three years..." he joked.

Cassiopeia hunched down, laughing, and Cedric joined her. Eventually, the laughter died down and Cedric made his way back to class, agreeing that they simply must meet over the summer and write to one another in the meantime.

Deciding to go and pack, the Malfoy emerged in her common room with a slight smile on her face. Cedric knew who she was, and he still hugged and laughed with her the way that she had hoped for.

So, despite it all, no matter who she ended up being, at least she could be honest about a part of herself with someone she could finally consider a friend.

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

"Are you avoiding me?"

Cassiopeia, who was still packing her things in her trunk, turned her head to be greeted by Andie, who was stood in the doorway.

Never, in their fourteen years of friendship, had the Malfoy seen the girl look so uncertain of herself. Awkward, almost. Andie Greengrass was the most confident person that the Slytherin Princess knew, so to see her looking vaguely insecure was a completely shock to her.

"What? No! Don't be silly. What are you on about?" Cassiopeia reassured her, continuing to pack.

"It's just- I don't know, you're spending a lot of time with other people." Andie shrugged, coming into the room and closing the door before sitting on her bed and crossing her arms.