Yeji handed the cloth back, but she told her to keep it. She zipped up her jacket and sat on the curb, waiting for the tow truck.

The cat-eyed woman opened the car door and sat beside the other, "I'm sorry for all this."

"Unprecedented, but whatever." Ryujin replied, looking at all the passing headlights driving on the street.

"I should've checked the oil, I should've taken my car in for a service, I should've-"

"Yeji, it's fine."

"No, it's not!!" Yeji yelled, causing Ryujin to stare back at her in shock.

"If I had checked the oil, we wouldn't be sitting here in the cold. I'm so stupid."

She played with her zipper, unsure what to do in the situation. So, she stood up and prepared to cross the road.

"Let's go."

Yeji got up from the curb with a grunt and stood beside her, "Where are we going?"

When there was a safe gap, Ryujin unconsciously took Yeji's hand and ran across the road. In that fleeting moment, she felt electricity spark throughout her body. She felt like she was flying in Yeji's grasp.

Once they safely made it across the road, a sudden realisation confronted her that she was holding hands with Yeji. Ryujin abruptly let go of her hand, breaking the physical connection between them. Confusion and conflict clashed in her mind as she struggled to make light of the emotions she was experiencing.

In the silence that followed, Ryujin cast her gaze away from Yeji, unable to meet with her eyes. As she stared at the floor, she missed the sparkle in Yeji's eyes looking right back at her. The cat-eyed woman looked through the store window and gasped in excitement.

"They have my favourite snacks!!" Yeji squealed in excitement and burst through the door.

With a heavy sigh, Ryujin composed herself and let out a faint smile and followed behind. Yeji frantically grabbed a basket in her arms and threw several bags of snacks in.

"Why are you getting so many?" The dark-haired woman asked, looking at the snacks piled up in the basket.

"They don't sell these snacks near me, and it's buy 2 get one free!!" She explained herself with a huge smile, revealing a dimple that Ryujin loved seeing.

To hide her smile from escaping, she walked over to the drinks section and fetched a few bottles of soda and tea, unsure which the other liked.

-

-

-

They made it back to the car and sat on the curb, rummaging through the bag for the snacks. Yeji immediately ripped open her bag of chips and placed one in her mouth.

Yeji moaned as the flavour hit her tastebuds, "God, I missed this. Here, try some."

Ryujin took a piece and took a bite, "It's nice."

"Right?! I've been eating this my whole life, can't get enough of it." The cat-eyed woman smiled with her cheek half-filled. "It reminds me of my childhood."

"Hmm?" Surprised with her response, she looked away. Typically, she wouldn't care to listen to other people and their stories, but she wanted to know more about her.

"Every day after school, my mother would walk my brother and I home from school. There was a convenience store on the way, and we'd go in and grab a few bags to eat while we study." Yeji smiled to herself. "Even after my mom and brother died, I still make it a habit to buy some of these when I see them."