Chapter 14: Obstacle Race (Happy 50k!)

Börja om från början

But he deadpanned it, he's not overconfident, he'd put a target on 1A's back, ensuring we're trying our hardest in this festival, if he wasn't full of himself, I'd call it a noble act.

Midnight: "Now without any delay, let's get the first event started..."

The angry students quieted down and listened for the crucial information, I secretly had my fingers crossed for a event that my quirk would work well in, hide and seek maybe... or tag.

Midnight: "These are the qualifiers! It's in this stage that so many are sent home crying every year!!"

Christ, if she were to stall any longer, I think the spectators will go feral.

Midnight: "And the fateful first event this year is...!"

She points to the giant screen behind her, it lighting up to reveal the words: 

OBSTACLE COURSE RACE

...God dammit.

Of all the possible events to start us off, it's one my quirk has next to zero practical uses for! What? can I use my quirk to prevent others from passing me?...

...

Actually... That's not a bad idea...

Midnight: "It's a race between every member of all eleven classes! The course is a four-kilometer lap around the stadium itself! Our school preaches freedom in all things! So as long as you don't go off the course, anything is fair game."

A sigh escapes my mouth as I think about Aizawa's words.

I mustn't hold back with my quirk.

I fiddle with the numerous gadgets adorning my belt, the circular metal sphere catches my eye and I grin internally.

Midnight: "Racers, to your positions..."

Everyone moves to the closed gate leading outside the stadium, cameras watching our every move.

Lord knows whose watching our event, most likely the entirety of Japan.

Everyone is going to see what we're capable of.

They're gonna see what I'm capable of.

I detach the sphere from my belt, feeling the large button on the top, resting my thumb on it.

The top of the gate had three lights on it, the first lights up as everyone mentally prepares themselves.

The second lights up and everyone physically prepares to sprint.

As the third lights up, the buzzer sounds off and everyone begins to run.

Immediately we come across the first obstacle, being the fact that the gate is too narrow, causing a traffic jam of people.

Todoroki sees this as the perfect opportunity to freeze the ground, solidifying the wall of students in place.

I manage to avoid the icy prison, but many others are not as fortunate, being frozen from the ankles down.

Bakugo: "I ain't letting you get ahead that easy Half 'n' Half!" Bakugo screams as he uses his quirk to fly over the frozen students, many others of Class 1A aren't too far behind.

I see this as the perfect opportunity and press the button on the gas grenade, dropping it to the floor as I climb over the frozen students and chase after my fellow students, a laugh emits from the grenade as it hits the ground.