Chapter 28: Under Wraps

Start from the beginning

"Y/n!" The cousins cheered in relief.

Ciel slowly stepping down to the surface to the Tennysons' side. Mucilator then moved away from the crash and proceed to trap the creatures with his purple sacks.

"What happened to them?" Ben asked the obvious.

"Whatever it is, it must be connected with that purple trail somehow." Gwen replied.

Ciel gazed the cow and the bull before looking down to her palm in curiosity. Then, she carefully approached the creatures and placed her palms on them, ignoring the warnings of her friends.

The mutated cow and bull suddenly glowed a blinding light, resulting the Tennysons and Mucilator to cover their eyes. Not a moment later, the light faded and they're shocked to find the cow and bull have returned to their original states, as if Ciel has purified them.

The miracle girl became weak and lost her balance. Gwen quickly came to her side and grabbed her from falling.

"Whoa, you really need to teach me that." Gwen requested.

Ciel suddenly shivering with her eyes close shut. She held onto Gwen as she's whimpering in fear.

Mucilator felt dishearten to see her in this state, and it reminded him the encounter with the DEM. He wanted to transform back to human and quickly comfort the girl. However, he needed to set his feeling aside and find the mummy.

"Y/n, look." Ben pointed at the purple trail leading to a corn field. "Let's follow this glow trail and find that mummy."

"I'll get Ciel back to the quarter. You two go." Gwen said while holding Ciel close.

The two heroes nodded to her, and Ben transformed into Xlr8. After pulling the cow and the bull out from the sticky sacks, the two alien dashed to the direction with Xlr8 made it to the end of the trail first due to his speed.

He found himself standing near a water tower with the mummy digging down a hole.

The speedster approached closer and found the the mummy is digging something glowed purple

"Looks like Todd was right." Xlr8 said. "But why would a mummy trying to get back into the ground?"

As if hearing his monologue, the mummy glared at Xlr8 and proceed to attack him. It floated in the air with a growl and launched its bandages at Xlr8. The speedster dashed away from the attack, and the mummy landed back to the ground.

A sudden tremor caught their attention before finding Mucilator dashing toward the mummy. The glob alien hopped to the air and let the gravity pull him down. The mummy rolled around to dodge the crash before launching an attack at Xlr8.

The bandage hit a barn near Xlr8, destroying it in one hit. Mucilator went to slam his arms down to the mummy, but his opponent reshaped its body to evade and counterattack.