Chapter 28: Under Wraps

Start from the beginning

At the dinning table, everyone is eating the food that Joan cooked.

"Good grub, Joan." Max complimented.

"Yeah, with no actual grubs in it for a change." Gwen remarked.

"So, no tv, no video games, no malls." Ben listed before gazing at Todd next to him. "What do you guys do for excitement around here?"

"Oh, you won't believe what I saw last night-"

"Now, none of that. No one is interested in your tall tales." Joan interjected. "Let's get these dishes washed and hit the hay!"

"What?!" Ben exclaimed before looking at the sunset outside the window with Gwen. "But it still light out!"

"Trust me." Max said. "You'll be glad you get to sleep comes morning."

Todd is now leading Max and the kids through the farm to their sleeping quarter. Curious about Todd's tall tale, Y/n went to his side.

"So, mind to tell us what did you see last night?" Y/n requested.

"It's nothing. You won't believe me, anyway." Todd replied.

"Try us." Ciel walked next to him. "We've seen some crazy things in this summer."

After a little encouragement and convincing, Todd eventually told them that he had encountered a real life Egyptian walking dead mummy on the next door farm.

They soon made it to the sleeping quarter where 4 bunkbeds are prepared for them for the next week.

"Ew, what's that smell?" Gwen fanned the air.

"Oh, this the chicken coop, too." Todd said. "See you in the morning."

The farm boy left the team in their quarter. They took their respective beds until a chicken came out from below of Ben's pillow. Groot gave the chicken a chase, but Ciel quickly snatched him into her grip.

"No! Bad groot!" Ciel glared.

The walking plant crossed his arms and sulked.

.
.
.

As soon as the moon appeared in the night sky, Ben and Gwen snuck out of the quarter without Max's knowing. The two ran into a corn field, not knowing that Y/n and Ciel watching them from the roof with a mischievous smirk. After giving each other a fist bump, they used a mana platform to run after the cousins.

Ben and Gwen made it to the neighborhood farm where they found a large crater with a purple glowing trail. Y/n and Ciel hanged back, watching from above.

"Y/n, look." Ciel pointed to the front.

The boy looked to direction and found two purplish cow and bull approaching the Tennysons.

The monsters rushed the cousins, but Y/n quickly interfered. He dropped down from the mana platform, transformed into Mucilator and crushed the creatures down to the ground with his enormous size.