|3|

I worked at a small, unpopular diner for a reason, so I don't bump into anyone from school here, and now I was freaking out

I worked at a small, unpopular diner for a reason, so I don't bump into anyone from school here, and now I was freaking out. My nightmare came true. Oh God, oh God. Please tell me this is a joke. Please tell me I'm seeing things. Crew West was sitting in MY both, eating food with his brother. "Who's that cutie?" Sarah, the hostess/owner asked.

"Just someone from school," I replied, wiping down the counter. Sarah was around fifty years old, so I don't know why she was asking me about this.

"Ouu, why don't you ask him out?" Sarah asked, giggling like she was a teenage girl.

"No Sarah, he probably already has a girlfriend, and he isn't my type." I said. That was a lie, I think Crew is very attractive, but I had no chance with him.

"Oh who cares, you're young. You don't know who your type is or not. You have to go and explore." She said, stealing the wrong from my hands and pointing to the Crew's table. I rolled my eyes and walked over.

"How is everything?" I asked, clearing my throat before speaking.

"Oh it's good." Crew said, waiting for his brother to finish his chicken.

"Can I interest you in any dessert?" I asked, looking at Crew again. He looked at me and I gulped, scared.

"No, thanks. Just a check please." He said, placing his napkins on his dish.

"Okay, I'll go grab it for you." I said, going to the screen where everyone's orders were. I printed out the receipt and brought it over to Crew.

"Here you go, enjoy the rest of your day." I said, smiling.

"Do we pay here or at the front?" He asked.

"Oh, either is fine." I said. He nodded his head and I walked away. I took a big huff when I walked over to the bar where the high tops were and our local Reggie was.

"Just the usual, Reggie?" I asked, getting ready to prepare him a coffee and place his order.

"Yup," he said while watching TV. The news was on it once again.

"Could we change this to the game?" He asked me like he did everyday.

"Sure, which one?" I asked like I did everyday, because I knew nothing about sports.

"Football." He said. I had no clue what he was talking about, so I handed him the remote like I did everyday.

"Thanks, doll." He said and played around on the TV till he found out what he wanted. I looked over at Crew's table and found him and his brother talking, waiting to pay. I guess he wanted to pay there. I used my best waitress' face and walked over to his table.

"All done?" I asked. Crew nodded his heads and handed me his card and check. I smiled softly, before walking over to the cash register and using his card to pay.