Sixteen - Pt. 2

Beginne am Anfang

"It's Bogum," Lisa corrected him scathingly, almost as if he was insulting herself. "And no, he wouldn't do that."

He gritted his teeth, the current of annoyance running through his body causing him to take a deep breath, fighting the urge to talk down to her even though he did sound condescending. "How are you sure? You just met him."

"I just know," she shrugged her shoulders.

"You can't 'just know', Lalisa."

"I can, Jungkook," she objected in the same tone. "I'm good at reading people, he looks like the type that wouldn't betray me."

His head ached trying to make sense of that. That BoGuMmIe looked like any man in the country, there was nothing special about him. "What does a person that would never betray you look like?"

"He doesn't look like you at all."

That was it.

THAT WAS IT.

What rights did the woman who left him and went off with another man at the first sign of serious commitment have to accuse him of betraying her? HIM! THE DAMN STUPID WHO HAD BEEN SO IN LOVE WITH HER THAT HE EVEN THOUGHT TO RUIN HIS FUTURE FOR HER. THE DAMN IDIOT WHO ACTUALLY LOST IT ALL FOR HER AND WOULD HAVE BARKED LIKE A HAPPY DOG IF SHE CAME BACK 7 YEARS AGO.

"Excuse me?! Me? Betraying YOU?!" He pointed at her with violent irony. She didn't move a hair, keeping that hateful innocent smile of hers as she nodded because it was just part of her to be a damn cynic.

"Let's not go there," Jisoo lifted her hands, shaking them downward. Jungkook took a deep breath but didn't sit back down, walking away from them because he was going to strangle her if he faced that pretty little face of hers again saying that he had been the problem before. "I recommended Bogum."

He turned around dramatically. "What?"

"Yes. He's a good man," Jisoo nodded. "Lisa is right, he wouldn't do this."

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THESE WOMEN?! WHAT THE FFFUUUUCK THAT MAN DID TO THEM? Why couldn't they see that he was obviously to blame for all of this? How much had that stupid face fooled them?

"Why are you both defending this bOgUmMie?!" He ruffled his hair, more annoyed than he should be, much more irritated than usual. It was making his blood boil for some strange reason, his sixth sense HATED the tall damn puppy is-that-a-smile-or-a-grimace face. He moved closer, explaining better with his hands, "We have been on this engagement for more than a month and the media never suspected anything, neither did the board. No one outside of our circle suspected anything. BUT but but buuuuuut, HE shows up and just one, ONE day later, that reporter shows up because SoMeOnE told her this is a farce. I can't be the only one doing the maths right here."

Jisoo sighed, relaxing on the sofa and placing her hands together on her swollen belly. "Well, since I studied communications, maths isn't my thing."

Jungkook gritted his teeth. "Where's Jimin?" He needed him here putting sense in them.

"You sent him to replace you at a meeting, quite a habit of yours..." Lisa was petty, murmuring.

"Move on from that, for God's sake!"

Lisa rolled her eyes and huffed. "Why are your eyes on my assistant but not on your piece of cake? You know she's... hard to deal with, everyone does."

"I assure you it wasn't her."

She stomped the ground with one of her heels looking obnoxiously cute but her withering gaze passed through him with blazing fire. "How are you so sure? Not everyone you sleep with is trustworthy!"