29 : did i lose you ?

Start from the beginning

taehyung wanted to answer yes, that he does smile. he smiles the brightest when he's with jungkook.

but maybe bogum is right,

he doesn't have any reason to smile anymore.

he cut off the reason himself.

"yes you're right. i'm tired tae" taehyung softly looked at him, noticing the dark circles around his tired eyes more now.

"i'm tired of myself."

"everyday i ask myself, what have you done park bogum. what the hell have you done and i have no answer for my own question" bogum clenched his jaw and looked into taehyung's taken back eyes.

taehyung is not taken aback by bogum's bluntness, but by how much his answer reflects his own self. it reminds him of how he also constantly questions himself about what the hell he has done.

it was sort of comforting though. to know he wasn't the only one who was losing his mind. it shouldn't be but it was.

"then let me make it easy yeah?" taehyung rasped out, the corners of his eyes stinging.

he didn't know what was hurting him so much at this point.

because what wasn't?

bogum looked at him confused and helpless both.

"what have you done, park bogum?"

the air seemed trapped in bogum's chest, as the question from the one he had wounded struck him like a dagger to the core. the anguish intensified as taehyung, wearing a sorrowful smile, patiently awaited his response. in that poignant instant, tears welled in his eyes, obscuring his vision of a very sad taehyung.

"i have broken your heart, tae"

taehyung smiled, making a tear roll down his eye which he wiped off instantly.

"there you go, you finally acknowledge"

"tae-"

"i don't love you anymore"

bogum's heart ached. it ached so bad he wanted to scream out in pain. the funny part was he knew it all along, yet hearing it made his entire world collapse. really, what has he done.

his hands shake as they try to hold taehyung's one across the table but taehyung is on time to take it back before he could as he looked him in the eyes. eyes that were shedding tears.

"it's not my fault is it?"

"no tae, no it's not. it's never your fault" bogum wiped his tears but they won't just stop as he sat by the edge of the chair. his legs trembling and he knows he can't stand up right now.

"it's mine. it's my fucking fault. i have done this to you" bogum exhaled, his emotions overwhelming him. taehyung pondered if bogum had been suppressing his tears until this moment, judging by the way they seemed to be constricting his throat.

taehyung feels bad. not only for bogum but for him too, for them both- and for jungkook. he feels so bad.

"why? i always wanted to ask you. what was the reason you broke my heart to pieces? just why?" taehyung sobbed, he didn't want to but he just feels so weak, so vulnerable.

bogum blinked his tearful eyes and sniffed, he shook his head aggressively and tried to wipe his eyes again but the damned tears won't just stop.

"it's n-not your fault! it's not! i. . . i. . . i don't know why i did that. . . i fucking don't know" bogum sobbed, frustrated with himself because he had no explanation.