29 : did i lose you ?

Start from the beginning

shit. taehyung internally cursed. he was seeing jungkook in bogum and that was the last thing he wanted.

bogum observed the hesitation in taehyung's movements, causing the awkward smile to disappear from his face. he then glanced at the unevenly cut vegetables before resuming his task. "you should go freshen up" he said but never looked up at him again.

taehyung didn't either and nodded which bogum didn't see as he walked upstairs to freshen up while bogum clenched the knife in his hand and bit his lips. feeling the familiar emotion - guilt.

the dinner table was silent. just the casual clicking of the utensils. taehyung who had taken the first bite was comforted with the same taste of bogum's cooking. it might not be the best but it was certainly not bad either, it was actually really good. however, he failed to compliment the male who sat across from him and also ate in silence. it didn't look like bogum wanted to have a conversation and taehyung would gladly reciprocate it because he doesn't want to have one either.

saying he was angry with bogum was wrong. he was mad earlier yes, but now he barely feels anything for him except guilt - the same way bogum might be feeling when he looks at taehyung.

however, for taehyung it was worse because whenever he looked at bogum all he could think of was how he broke jungkook's heart for this man. how he left jungkook fucking crying and begging for him to not leave for this man.

but at the same time, he is reminded of how he cheated on this very man with jungkook. had sex in their own damn bedroom without any conscience. sheerly blinded by lust and what does that make him? a fucking cheater.

taehyung didn't want to be a cheater neither did he want jungkook to be hurt. but he did both.

at some point during the silent dinner their eyes met and both averted gaze almost right away. it became even more awkward and so, bogum decided to speak.

"how was your day?"

"fine i guess"

bogum nodded, not knowing what else to say. there was so much he wanted to say to the brunette but he realized he didn't have the nerve to do it so he stabbed the meat with his chopsticks continuously instead of talking.

"how was your day?" taehyung asked this time earning a reaction from bogum. eager. bogum was eager to talk with taehyung. he just didn't have the courage to.

"it was good. i finished early, it's one of the best feelings" bogum smiled and taehyung couldn't help but stare at him for a while before averting his gaze down at his plate.

"can i. . . ask something?"

bogum stopped smiling and sat motionless before putting down his chopsticks and put all his focus on the brunette who looked anywhere but at his face.

"sure"

"are you okay?"

there was that silence again. but this time with bogum staring at taehyung without even blinking. a minute passed and taehyung sighed, "forget it"

"why would you ask?" bogum asked back, his voice low and careful.

taehyung looked at him, lost. was he too straightforward? or did his concern show? he didn't want to care anymore.

"you look tired"

"do i?" bogum smiled awkwardly again.

"yeah. more than me honestly"

"don't say that tae"

"why?"

"i literally ripped out your smiles. are you smiling at all anymore?" bogum sounded mad, not at taehyung but at himself and taehyung could feel that.