Chapter 17: Confessions Gone Awry

Começar do início

“Dante was all up in Chanel’s face cussing at her. That ain’t right!” Benard says shooting a deadly glare at me.

“Oh shut up, Benard. Why are you suddenly taking up for Chanel? Oh wait, I know why.” Kelsey cooed.

“Shut up, bitch!” Chanel yelled. Kelsey turned her glare to Chanel.

“How about you shut up!” She retorted, raising her hand up like she was about to smack her.

Mr. Howard groaned and sat Chanel down who was still running her mouth to Kelsey. I sat down in a chair and kept glaring at Benard, watching his every move.

                Now that everyone was at least far enough from each other to talk without fighting, Mr. Howard asked the question again.

“What is going on? Why is there so much commotion?” He asked looking between the four of us. Sean was still standing off to the side snickering and I noticed Chanel getting more irritated by the moment. Ignoring Mr. Howard’s question, Chanel yells “What the hell are you laughing about, Sean?” Sean’s face fell and he glared at Chanel. Marcus finally stepped up to the plate and said something.

“What’s the problem Chanel? Why are you acting like this?” He asked. Chanel rolled her eyes.

“Oh don’t ask me questions now. Where were you when that fag was over there in my face, cussing at me like I’m a child?” Chanel canvassed.

“You got one more time to call me that!” I yelled to her. Benard stood up where he was sitting.

“What’re you going to do? Touch her and I’ll fuck you up!” He roared. I turned my deadly stare to him.

“Benard, sit down. NOW!” Mr. Howard bellowed out. Benard remained standing for a moment but soon just sat down. Marcus was looking at Benard now with some look of disgust. Chanel flung her hair to one side as her glare shot between me and Kelsey, who was being silent as a mouse.

“I need everyone to leave except these four. Go in the hall!” Mr. Howard said.

“Actually, Sean and Marcus need to stay. They are relative to all of this.” Kelsey said solemnly. Mr. Howard turned to look at a confused Marcus and nervous Sean. The other students left out and all who remained in the room was Me, Chanel, Marcus, Kelsey, Benard, Sean, and of course Mr. Howard.

“OK, I want answers now, or I just might have to send you four packing. I can’t exactly send Marcus and Sean home because they weren’t fighting.” Mr. Howard spoke sternly, his eyes moving swiftly between all of us. Marcus’ face fell at the sound of us all going home. He’d be all alone.

“Chanel approached me, checking me about what I said to Marcus a couple days back. She got wrong with me first because she knew she was getting exposed.” I said. Chanel scoffed.

“Expose me? For what? Allegedly cheating?” She asked, narrowing her eyes. This girl sure knows how to play roles. Marcus slowly turned to look at Chanel.

“I told you not to say anything Chanel. If it wasn’t true, why entertain the subject?” Marcus asked with a sigh.

“Because obviously, she’s guilty.” Kelsey said standing up, raising her voice. Marcus’ eyes went wide at this. Mines even did. Chanel was now looking at Kelsey.

“Kelsey, would you shut up? Damn you always in other people’s business.” Chanel said with a wave of her hand. Marcus walked closer to Chanel, staring at her. Mr. Howard was attentively watching, shaking his head vigorously from time to time. What was Marcus about to do?

[Marcus' POV]

                My heart was pounding as I heard everyone’s words. Once again, all this drama is caused because of the cheating accusations. I’m so tired of hearing it all and I just want the truth. If she’s cheating, it’ll kill me, but it’s reassuring because I believe Dante would be there to pick up all the pieces of my broken heart. I looked down into Chanel’s eyes which seemed so dark. It gave me chills.