Day 20: Gaming Day (Part 2 of Day 16: Sunset)

🎮🎮🎮

"Awww! How are you so strong?! Even Lance has never been able to beat me!" Pidge exclaimed, moving the joystick and standing up, concentrating on that retro eighties game.

"You're fighting me in my turf! Besides, it's the first time you've ever played and I've been training all my life!": Keith chuckled, while the controlling character fired another shot, knocking out the girl's.

"Come on!": she grimaced in defeat while he exulted: "It's not fair! Do you have any other video games that you have never played?"

"Impossible, I searched this old battered house when I was ten": he replied: "And I found nothing, no video games at least"

"And what else did you find?": she laughed, sitting down again cross-legged and ready for another round.

"Let's say I found things that a ten-year-old would have preferred not to see": he blushed slightly, setting a new game on the old TV.

"Oh... wow... it must have been a traumatic experience...": she blushed too, looking at him and then taking her cell phone for a moment and then returning with that melancholy expression.

"Are you all right?": He asked, moving closer to her as Kosmo rested his head on her legs.

"I sent Beezer to follow them and... everything went well...": she answered, with a slow breath. She didn't need to go on with the details, Keith understood very well...

"I'm sorry...": he said, bringing her in a comforting hug: "Just... stop thinking about it ok? There are countless people who love you, there's no need to despair over just one..."

"Do you really believe that?" She asked, looking into her eyes, then starting to sob softly, "But who would ever fall in love with me? Well... did you see me?"

"Yes, I see...": Keith replied about her, looking into her eyes and breaking her embrace, gently taking her cheeks, caressing the edge of her lips with his thumb: "I see you..."

"Wha-": Before she could ask what he meant, she felt two warm lips on hers. Her cheeks flushed a deep red as she closed her eyes and drifted into that pleasant, tingling sensation throughout her body. This was not how she expected her first kiss: awkward, unexpected but still beautiful and romantic...

When she felt her warmth leave her lips, she remained the same with her eyes closed planning to prolong that moment as much as possible.

Keith walked away from her, opening his eyes and thinking he deserved a slight scolding or a punch in the face from her and instead, he found her face a few inches away from his, her eyes closed and her lips slightly parted. At that moment, under his eyes, she looked like a beautiful goddess.

Pidge opened her eyes again, finding the face of her leader, teammate, and trusted friend close to her. The realization hit her, she blushed hard and pulled away from him with an exclamation. He noticed.

"Oh shit! Sorry... I... thought it was the right time...": he stammered, gesturing and looking around embarrassed.

"No! I... it was just unexpected...": she explained, still blushing: "Well... it wasn't bad... I'd do it again"

"Would you do it again?": His eyes widened in surprise, then he giggled: "Well... I can't say I have experience..."

"There are two of us...": she laughed, making a face.

"Did you expect better?": he insisted, curious. She blushed again.

"Let's just say I expected it differently"

"For better or for worse?"

"for the better"

The room was suddenly filled with an awkward silence. Pidge was tapping her fingers on her calf nervously as Keith stared at the long-abandoned game start screen.

"Listen... I have to apologize... I was an asshole": Keith sighed: "I shouldn't have taken advantage of you like this!"

"You didn't take advantage of me, Keith": she looked at him: "I-I liked it, if that's what you mean"

"That still doesn't justify my actions," he insisted.

"You just kissed me! You didn't, I don't know, lay me on this floor and do things I wouldn't want to," Pidge exclaimed, moving closer to face him.

"But you like Lance, you told me before!": he continued, while out of the corner of his eye he saw Kosmo move away from the two.

"There are people who can like two people at the same time!" Her fist slammed against the rotten wooden floor.

"I'm not talking about that! Don't get out of the conversation!"

"I'm not getting out of the conversation! You just have to listen to me!"

"I'm doing! You're the one who doesn't make me understand!"

"You might understand if you listened to me!"

"Listen, leave it alone!"

"I can't let go! You kissed me!"

"In fact, it's serious!"

"Is not serious!"

"How can you say that?!"

"Because I love you, assho-": Pidge couldn't finish the sentence. With a flash of blue Kosmo teleported after her, pressing her small body against Keith's in a long passionate kiss. When they broke apart, both were out of breath and were looking into each other's eyes. Her small body was pressed against his, her hands on his chest and his on her hips.

"It wasn't my fault, it was Kosmo" she whispered, looking into his eyes. His hand moved from her waist to her cheek.

"I don't care": he smiled, kissing her once more.