Together til the End

Kyle's Point of View

8:32PM

My feet began to ache. I looked over to Stan, his body seemingly out of energy. His back looked pretty tired. Tonight, Stan downed a couple bottles. He talked me into drinking with him as well. Just to set our grief aside. The world was changing. We were lost. We had nobody but each other.

Earlier this morning, the papers came in. I picked them up and read the headlines. "Doomsday; the button has been pressed!" I grew curious, looking through the article, seeing a quote from a citizen. "We're gunna nuke each other up boys, til old Satan stands impressed." I dropped the papers, my body shaking in fear.

Now here Stan and I are. Noticing its just us. Its our last day. I turned the TV on, turning it to the news. We watched for a hot minute, listening to what was about to happen. Stan let out a sigh. "Here it is, our final night alive." Stan mumbled, looking at me. Tears streamed down his face. He pulled me into a hug. I began to cry, hugging my arms around him tightly. We slowly shifted to laying down, crying in eachothers arms. I whispered. "As the earth burns to the ground." I barely could get my words out.

"Oh, Kyle. Its you." Stan whispered back, sobbing into my shoulder. "that I lie with." He continued, sitting us up and looking at me. My eyes began to hurt from crying. I never see Stan cry, this broke me. I sniffled, continuing to cry in his arms. "Am I really the one you would lie with as the atom bomb locks in?" I ask quietly, pulling away and looking at him. Stan wiped my tears.

"Kyle, its you, i watch TV with." Stan nodded, kissing my cheek softly. I trusted him with my time as the world.. "As the world caves in." I mumble, resting my head on him again. I wrapped my arms around him again, he held me tight. I waited for it to happen. It was about 9:15 now. We smelt like alcohol and weed. But who are we to blame?

2:43PM

He put a fancy suit on, styling his hair to look nice after hearing the news. I paint my nails a dark green color. "We are going out in style, babe." Stan joked, ruffling my red curls around. I looked back into the magazine, looking through the rest of it. Everything was cheapened. "And everything's on sale." I added on, pointing to the ads on the papers. I sighed, looking at Stan. He forced a smile on his face. His fake smile hurt to look at. What am I going to do?

9:18PM

"We creep up on extinction." Stan mutters, playing with my hair. I pulled his arms right in. I felt a sudden wave of heat. I began to weep. I hug him tighter, hearing sobs from him as well. "Goodnight, love." I cried out, scrunching his shirt in the back, as my organs pack it in.

And here it is. It was our final night alive. We stayed quiet, knowing any second, we wouldn't exist. The smoke alarm suddenly blared, signaling the fire was in the house. As the Earth burns to the ground. I perk my head up and kiss his soft lips. "Oh, Stan, its you! That I lie with!" I cry out, his tears just poured from his face. "As the atom bomb locks in.."

Stan looked at the countdown on the TV. There was 15 seconds left. Oh boy its Stan. I watch TV with. "As the world.." I start, feeling dizzy. Inhaling smoke every time I opened my mouth. "As the world.. caves in." He said, coughing. "I love you Kyle, with everything I have." Stan held me, tightly, not letting me go. The timer hit 7 seconds. "I love you more, Stanley. From the start, to the end. I will always love you." I say, my heart shattering.

I began losing my breath. "I dont wanna go yet, Stan! I want to stay here with you!!" I sobbed, im pretty sure his sleeve was soaked in my tears. "I know baby, I would do anything to stop this. I want you to know, how much, you mean to me, Ky. I will never forget you. Ill find you in my next life too. I swear." Stan said, seeming calm and serious. He knew there was no point in crying anymore. We are doomed.

I became loose, not being able to breathe anymore, hanging on my last breath. I assumed I was no longer able to respond. I heard his final words. "Together til the end, my love." He brushed through my hair, letting me slowly go in his arms.

(a/n)

IM BAWLING MY EYES OUT.

This is basically a story built off of the song "As the world Caves in" by Sarah Cothran. This song makes me cry, and writing this made me bawl my eyes out. I had this idea for awhile, but knew I couldnt keep it together while writing it. here i am, my eyes puffed up from crying.

as a writer, i feel the emotions my characters go through. the feeling of knowing the world is about to end and you only have eachother. the feeling of not wanting to let go. its dark. i hope i never have to go through this 😞😞