── 𝟎𝟑 ── "𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝."

Start from the beginning

"Harim...." The boy paused again, "Before she disappeared there were...how do I put it— odd rumours about her... Same thing about Dohyun too."

"Odd rumours?" The intrigued girl had now sat up straight, inching closer to the boy next her as she tried to gain more information. "— like what?"

"That she was pregnant..."

"—and that it was Dohyun's."

_________

"Before she dissapeared there were odd rumours her."

"That she was pregnant."

"And that it was Dohyun's"

"So please stop talking to him."

It all made sense to Yeoreum now. Why Jun had been so extra and kept telling her to step out of Harims case. Why he kept telling her to leave Dohyun alone. Yeoreum wasn't surprised that Dohyun was at the centre of rumours again as this was a normal occurrence that happened every other week but what struck a chord within her was that it had something to do with Harim.

The girl repeatedly clicked the end of her pen and she found herself lost in her thoughts.

She was pregnant.

Pregnant?

Her? No way... surely it can't be Dohyun's.

Harim and Dohyun were like two different worlds. Despite being in the same class they had never once spoke to each other. So to think that they had that sort of relationship outside of school was hard to fathom.

Yeoreum suddenly stopped clicking her pen as she finally realised something. Rumours are often lies that sometimes have an element of truth. Dohyun said she had seen Harim the night she had disappeared and that same day she had also heard Harim speaking with a man she couldn't identify.

She knew she had to clarify whether Dohyun had just briefly seen Harim or had indeed been with her that night. And there was no other better way than to check the school's private bulletin board.

The girl stood up abruptly, interrupting the flow of the classroom as the students turned back to look at her, a dark haired girl in particular glaring through her glasses.

"Sorry miss, could I go to bathroom please?"

"You had all break to do so but I'll allow it."

"Thank you."

____

Yeoreum ran to the bathroom in the hopes of reading through the school chatroom. She knew she had to focus in class so Yejun wouldn't beat her up but this was something she had to figure out. If she didn't figure it out, Harim could really go missing without anyone looking for her.

Scrolling through the bulletin board, Yeoreum couldn't help but sigh as she found nothing of substance. Everything was either about school notes or the occasional confession which sprouted non ending tea telling.

However when she was just about to give up she came across a chat labelled as H, upon first glance it was easy to mistake it for a simply chat that was created by accident however when Yeoreum had tried to click on it she found that it was locked.

"Wait a minute...why is it locked? There's something isn't it." In excitement she paced around in the bathroom trying to find of a way to gain access when her mood soon turned sour. The person in charge of the chatroom was the class president and the class president was Cho Eun. A relationship she would rather keep forgotten.