The Accident

「Warning, the following content may contain sensitive topics such as; Swearing, Gore description, Use of weapons, Scar tissue, Flesh ripping, Etc. If you have a problem with these topics, feel free to leave now. Reader discretion is advised.」

Larry Johnson - Saturday evening 01/25/19XX

It was winter and me and Sal were in my room, hanging out like normal. We got bored and decided to go to the lake. I recently bought him a pair of Ice skates as a Christmas gift last month and he was dying to try them out. We both went to get dressed in our winter clothes and we met outside the house. We began heading to the lake, striking up some random conversation like we always did.

It was about an hour walk but it was always so worth it. The lake was amazing during the winter. Anyways, right, we got to the lake and sat down to change our shoes and put on our skates. I'm not very skilled with Ice skating but I'd say I'm average. Sal on the other hand, he was a natural, he was doing shit you see on the olympics. Not actually but it was like he's done ice skating for years. He actually really enjoyed skating. That was... Until the accident that carried out later that day.

Like I said, we put on our skates and got on the lake. While I was busy trying to find my balance, Sal was already skating and doing tricks. I soon found my balance and went over to Sal. He was showing off his moves and I guess we underestimated how far we'd have to be to pass each other. Sal was going pretty fast and I was gliding to get used to the feeling, as I did every year. I had my leg stretched out behind me to slow the pace but then Sal came over and tripped over it.

I slipped and fell, protecting my face but then I looked over at Sal. Sal was trying to catch himself but failed and tumbled across the lake. I assume his prosthetic wasn't tight enough and when it flew off, he fell down on the ice. His face slammed into the ice and stuck, his body doing a half spin once his cheek stuck. I tried to catch my balance back and skate over to help him but by then, he was already trying to get up.

The ice had stuck to his scar and when he tried to pull up and away, the ice pulled and ripped the scar tissue, making him yell out in agony. As much as I tried, I couldn't get him free. I tried using my gloves to melt the ice, my pocket knife to break the ice, I even tried using my own breath. Nothing worked.

I took my phone out and called Todd after I tried everything. He rushed over with Ash as soon as he could and there was a pool of blood forming from the scarred flesh he accidentally broke off from trying to get up. Todd had a shovel in Neil's car for whatever reason and ran off to grab it. Meanwhile Ash stayed with me and Sal while we tried to figure out what to do.

A few minutes of struggle later, Todd came back and handed me the shovel. I began digging the shovel deep into the ice, being careful to watch for his hair and face. I've had my hair pulled, I could never bear the pain of it being pulled by a shovel, that would hurt like hell. The ice soon snapped and we rushed Sal to the car.

He still had a chunk of ice on the side of his face but he was less panicked than he was before. I had carried him into the backseat as Ash grabbed our shoes and Sal's prosthetic. We then rushed to the nearest hospital and he stayed there for at least a day or two. It wasn't anything severe luckily.

The hospital said he was fine and we didn't bring it up except to check in on how he was feeling. But as of now, Sal refuses to go to the lake. Man, I could never be in his shoes, that would be such a pain in the ass. I feel bad for him.