❁𝘵𝘦𝘯❁

Start from the beginning

The four exchanged looks, then Pigsy sighed.

"Listen here, Red Son, you're not a loser," The restaurant owner puts his hand on the fire prince's shoulder. "Your dad is the Demon Bull King and your mom is Princess Iron Fan, which makes you a prince born into royalty. So you've got good looks, a regal status,"

"And you're an inventor, so you're brilliant!" MK pipes up.

"And you got smarts," Pigsy concluded. "So you're perfect for Isadora,"

"That sounds great and all," Red Son shrugs Pigsy's hand off. "But what if in her eyes, I'm not good enough for her?" He is still doubtful of himself.

"Look, Red Son, we can tell how much she loves you, because whenever she comes to the shop, she always talks about you and how much she sees her future with you," Pigsy reveals.

Red Son looks at him with a glimmer of hope. "Really?"

"Yeah, she says she's found the perfect lover!" MK says.

"That you care and you're attentive to her," Tang spoke up.

"And you're super romantic," Mei wiggles her eyebrows.

"You see what I mean? There's no way she'll reject your proposal with how deeply she's in love," Pigsy said to Red Son.

The fire demon now felt faith and reassurance from his past rivals' words.

'They're right. I love Isadora so much, and she feels exactly the same, so I shouldn't be worried.' He thought, having images of him proposing to Isadora, her accepting, them getting married, and living happily ever after.

"But if she does reject you, I heard eating ice cream and crying helps,"

Red Son felt his wishful dreams shatter at Tang's careless words.

Pigsy launched a wooden spoon at the glasses-wearing man, hitting him square in the forehead.

Headshot!

"Shut up, Tang!" Everyone yelled at Tang, who was on the ground with a bump in the middle of his forehead with swirly eyes.

"Ignore what Tang just said, Red boy. Good luck on your proposal to Isa," Mei told Red Son.

"And make sure to invite us to the wedding!" MK added.

Red Son hid away a small smile as he ate his noodles.

❁❁❁

At her flower-pastry shop, Isadora serves Macaque a plate of sweet potato pie with whipped cream.

"Thanks for the sweet potato pie, Isadora," Macaque thanked her.

"You're welcome, Macaque," Isadora gives him a friendly smile.

Monkey King enters the shop just then. "Hey, Isadora!" He greeted the young woman, but glared at Macaque when he saw him. "Macaque." He spat out.