Layla started at me with a puzzled look.

"What?"

"Nothing, just don't know you cared so much" she laughed bitterly.

"I don't care"

"Says the guy who just scolded me for not watching my drink for a total of two seconds"

"You shouldn't be with guys alone at parties like these"

"I'm alone with you" The girl lifted a brow.

"I'm different"

"Oh really..."

I nodded.

"Says the guy who almost had sex with a drunk girl a few minutes ago" ok, maybe I'm no better.

"That's different" Come on Sunghoon, just brush it off.

"Says who..."

"Alright I get the point- but I never said I was any better. So you are about to do the same mistake again"

"Whatever. I came here to have fun, not to be scolded" She rolled her eyes. "And besides, I am eighteen, I can take decisions for myself."

For the record, I had been living with both Jay and Heeseung for long enough that I knew that was not true. Especially for Heeseung.
"You're not going in there again, at least not alone."

"Then you go with me" She linked our arms together. "See: now I'm going against your words, but still following you're so friendly advice."

I don't know why I followed her around like a lost dog the entire time. While she drank, socialized, played games, and danced. I only know that wherever she went, I went.
By the time the clock had passed midnight, Layla was far gone. Though I hadn't touched alcohol in a few hours, she had been drinking nonstop.

"I have to go to the bathroom" she muttered roaring from the floor. It was almost fascinating to look at her the way she walked. With her feet dragging beneath her, looking like she was about to fall.

I waited outside the bathroom for her to finish.

Once she snot out of the bathroom she slumped against the wall. "Do you think I'm- oh shit I have to puke"

With panic filling my body I gripped her arm and lead her to the toilet. Sitting behind her, I held her light blonde hair as she puked up slots of all the school she had consumed in the last few hours.
It was not unusual for me to be in this position. Only, normally it was Jay who I had to sit by and wait for.

She wiped her mouth with a piece of toilet paper she threw in and flushed down after. "Well, that was interesting... I need some more to drink-"

"Absolutely not" When did I become responsible? "We, young lady, are getting you some water before I am getting you home. We don't need something unexpected to happen"
I dragged Layla by the arm through the crowd and to the kitchen.
She would from time to time whine, or complain, but nonetheless, she didn't do anything else than speak.

"Drink" I pushed the water bottle towards her.

"Can it be vodka?"

This girl. Grabbing an empty red plastic cup from a stack I pretended to fill it with something, then I poured in the water and gave it to her. "Here, one vodka"

"It does not taste like vodka" She licked her lips.

"Well, it is. Maybe you're just too drunk to taste it properly"

"Maybe" she drank the last bit. "More"

It took me almost half an hour to get Layla to cooperate and leave the apartment. I wrapped her in my coat and carried her to my car on my back as she was now almost unable to walk by herself.

"La La La La vie en rose~ MHMMMMMMMMe This is myayayayaya ahai La La La La vie en rose"

The cold air felt like small razor blades on my skin. With every breath I did white steam formed outside my mouth. It was always really cold this time of year, also one of the reasons most people wore thick winter jackets that made us look like snowmen. Yet, here I was, walking around with a human speaker on my back; dressed in a thin sweater.

"Mhmm I'm fearless.
What you looking at, what you, what you looking at.
What you looking at what you-"

"Alright JBL speaker, enough now. Try to sleep" Surprisingly I managed to lift the girl from my back to the backseat of the car and buckle her up.
"And I need your address"

Though the dive wasn't that long, the girl still managed to fall asleep like a stone by the time I pulled up to her house.
"Layla" I lightly shook her. Nothing. "Layla" I tried again, this time earning a small response from the girl.

"Carry me" she whined. Her hands wrapped around my neck as she practically straddled me like a koala.

Now, I had done a lot of stupid shit in my life. I enjoyed being known as something as superficial as a fuck boy, or a playboy. I liked to do small things to get in trouble, to keep my life from being boring. To not be mister nice guy.
So never, never in my life, I would have thought that I would carry a drunk girl in my arms. Sneak through her house while her family slept. And tuck her into bed. All without even fucking get.

Talk about character development.

-----------------------

2078 Words