Chapter 12: the beginning of the end

Start from the beginning

Macao and Wakaba for example, they were stocking up on materials and trying to plan out their next attack "Okay here's what I'm thinking, since their headquarters are here I think it's for the best that we try and hit them with some long range spells from this southeast hill."

"Let me tell you now, next time I'm bringing all my explosive lacrimas!" Wakaba wasted no time in stocking up on explosive lacrimas stuffed into a burlap sack.

"Stop this nonsense."

Everyone stopped what they were doing and then turned towards the source of the voice. It was Ulquiorra standing in front of the door with his hands in his pockets as ever. But his presence seems to have increased the discontent of the people of Fairy Tail; First Phantom Lord and now Ulquiorra, it seems that luck is never on their side.

"You!" Cana shouted angrily. "Come back later or go and trouble another guild! We don't have time to waste on you!" Under normal circumstances, Cana was not in a good mood when it came to the former Espada; But now, there's Ulquiorra and Phantom Lord. This is too much.

"no." Ulquiorra replied coldly.

"No?! What do you mean by no?!"

"No, that word means no. I thought you were smart enough to know something like that, woman."

"Oh thank you very much, Mr. Dictionary, but I know what ‘no’ means." Cana spoke in a sarcastic tone, doing her best to prevent herself from punching the arrancar's pale face, because if she did her hand would be broken like last time.

"Ulquiorra-san."

Ulquiorra, recognizing the owner of this voice, turned to find that Mirajane was standing behind him. Mirajane's face always carried that friendly smile, but now, the face of the white-haired waitress carried a look that could cause men to shiver in fear.

[Man, what a sinister aura. I bet a million dollars that Grimmjow would run for his life if he saw that look.]

Although Ulquiorra did not answer what Murcièlago said, he agreed with it; He knew that this aura could not be emitted from an ordinary human, no, this was the aura of a powerful and experienced mage. With little effort, Ulquiorra was able to sense the magical power that lay within Mirajane's body; Maybe she's not like Erza, but she's stronger than anyone else except for Laxus and Makarov, plus there was something about this power that bothered him a bit, it was more like the power of a Lich and Leeanne. He doesn't know why she hid her power; trump? What kind of obstruction? He doesn't know, But he knows he has to be careful while dealing with her.

"If you don't mind, could you tell us why you came here at this particular time?" Mirajane spoke softly. Like everyone else in the guild, she is still angry with Ulquiorra, but she knows that Ulquiorra was just doing his job.

"The Magic Council has asked me to stop this war before this town is destroyed."

"Oh really?!" Natsu angrily shouted before standing in front of Ulquiorra. "Don't even think about trying to stop us! They wanted this war, and they got it."

"You misunderstand, I have not only come to stop you, but also to protect you."

"Wait, protect us?" Mirajane asked, a look of worry on her face.

"Yes, as we speak, Jose porla has already rallied his followers, and they are on their way here. I can tell they are going to strike hard." Ulquiorra replied simply.

Everyone was shocked upon hearing what the pale arrancar said. Things were not going in their favour; Makarov is injured, Mystogan and Laxus are not here. On the other hand, Phantom Lord has Jose, Gajeel, and Element Four.