The whim

A little bit of humor with Junior because it's been a long time since I've done anything with him! For this story, I was inspired by a YouTube video 😊 which I thought was really funny.

Please note that each of your challenges are noted. For the moment, I'm writing stories I have in my mind before I forget them, but your challenges are coming very soon.

In the meantime, I encourage you to participate!

The whim

Bowser Junior touched his scrambled eggs with the tip of his fork. With his cheek resting against his fist, the young turtle didn't really have much of an appetite that morning. He'd woken up on the wrong side of the bed after a nightmare involving, once again, Toads. As if he didn't hate them enough ... Now they had to haunt his sleep! Irritated, the little Koopa let out a plaintive sigh before sinking further into his seat with a small sneer of disgust at his food. Not that it wasn't appetizing, on the contrary! His plate was well stocked with scrambled eggs, grilled bacon, pear compote, buttered toast with fruit and pancakes topped with a delicious durian syrup imported directly from Yoshi Island. As usual, he had taken a little of everything from the table to fill his belly for another hectic day of gaming and ship design.

Except that after his very first bite, he was suddenly no longer hungry. It was as if he was already full. This was particularly frustrating for someone who loved to eat... He was not used to this sensation, which he would classify as unpleasant. Slumped lazily in his seat with his fist against his cheek, Junior's bored little black eyes roamed the table filled with breakfast foods of all kinds. He lingered over the silver dishes of golden croissants and other pastries, then turned his snout toward his father who sat in a large green chair. At the end of the table, as always, he read the daily newspaper to keep up with the latest events. A question of tactics, he said. Because if he knew what was going on in the world, then he could work accordingly and stay one step ahead of his enemies! Wearing his black rectangular glasses to better read the small lines, he remained immersed in his reading even as a winged Koopa approached on his right to pour him another cup of black coffee.

Curiously, since Cinder had told him how attractive he looked in those glasses, he'd been wearing them much more often...

"Daddy?" Bowser Jr. called softly, trying to get his father's attention.

"Hm?" Bowser muttered, reaching for his coffee cup to drink it, but never looking away from his newspaper.

"Can I go to war with you?" His son asked in a small, hopeful voice, which immediately drew the attention of everyone around the table. Surprised by his unexpected request, Bowser blinked then looked at Junior over the top of his glasses, his cup halfway to his mouth. Had he heard correctly? Beside him, Cinder swallowed hard.

"War is not a game, especially not for children." He replied simply, before shaking his newspaper to unfold it again and find his line which spoke of the Bully's attack on the Sprixie Kingdom, led by Prince Bully himself.

"But I want to come with you! Why should Ludwig, Lemmy and the others have the right?" Junior revolted as he crossed his arms under his little muzzle, his cheeks soon red with anger. Opposite him, right next to the human coughing into her fist, Kamek carefully placed his cup of tea on the saucer after swallowing.

"Your Highness, you're far too young to be in this kind of business. Wouldn't you rather build a new castle to destroy? You're very good at drawing up plans, could you make a new sketch?" He offered with an awkward smile, but the bold prince decided otherwise.

"No! I don't care about useless castles! Building bores me. It's not as much fun as going out and fighting and setting fire to a real castle. I'm not a baby anymore. I've already shown that I can save Cinder like an adult! Without anyone's help. I'm ready to reign terror! So when can I come with you?" The latter felt sorry for himself and sulked when his father showed no more enthusiasm.