I got dizzy.

It was only one month in the future…

Moreover, if it was during the summer solstice, many guests would visit the Palace. And, a considerable amount of guests believed that I’m calm and competent!

* * *
Plans to tidy up the palace gardens and hold social gatherings have been canceled.

Originally, the purpose was to establish friendships with the nobles before the Haji Festival, though I wouldn’t want to lose my life trying to make friends. Next, I gathered the maids and thought about how to convey the words, although in the end, I just opened my mouth plainly.

“I think I’ll need to learn how to handle weapons.”

At my words, the maids glanced at each other.

There was a significant light in their eyes as if they knew why I was saying this.

“You have been under the protection of the God Actilla since birth. I know you must have cultivated some kind of power.”

Everyone in Actilus learns martial arts, even if they don’t have money to learn martial arts, they would learn street stoning.

Moreover, given the atmosphere of the kingdom, what nobles learned was not a fancy martial art used for ceremonies or rituals. It was for practical use because the Actilus Empire even allowed women and children to be mobilized for war.

Presumably, I would be weaker than a ten-year-old child of the Actilus Empire…

The civil servant, Marquis Jacques, and the maidservant, the esteemed Madam of Marquis Jacques, were no exceptions.

…Huu— This is complicated.

I tried to calm down my frustration and resumed my words again.

“I would like to ask for a good teacher within two days. Meanwhile, I’ll learn from you during the two days of the waiting period.”

I sighed as I watched the maids bowing their heads all at once to me.

…I only pray that Angelica’s body is good at physical training.

* * *
The arrangement of the Empress Actilus’ maidservants was very simple.

The number of maids given to me was originally seven. In addition to that, Cisen was added later and it became eight. Then, the esteemed Madam of Marquis Jacques was released so it became seven again.
​​
All but one of the maids are from here. While the handmaiden was Cisen, whom Angelica brought from the Unro Kingdom.

Below Cisen, there was the chief maid, and below her, the rest were just ordinary maids.

The chief maid, Duchess Nerma, was a gentle woman in her thirties who seemed relaxed no matter what she did. Even though she wasn’t pretty, she had a graceful dignity. Apparently, she also has a lot of influence on the social world as well.

If it wasn’t for the esteemed Madam of Marquis Jacques, I would have loved her. After all, I admired a woman like this.

Oh, I got sidetracked​​—
​​
What I wanted to say was that during the two days I was trying to hire a teacher, Duchess Nerma, who was ranked second after Sithen, decided to teach me. Since Cisen was from the Unro Kingdom like me, she had no knowledge of exercising force.

“You said that prey can only carry one weapon… I think Roberta Jacques would choose a dagger, and Henry Jacques would choose a combat axe.”

“I—is that the weapon the two of them are most familiar with…?”