Chapter 5: project

Thank y'all for getting me out of my authors block! The one who gave me an idea is:
SnowLeopard55
Yay! Jk I didn't really use the idea but they're the only one who gave me an idea

Ok this is about two months after the previous chapter happened

Katie's POV
I don't want Travis to know about my stepmother, but he seems really worried about me. I decided not to tell him because, I mean he'll find out eventually. Right? Eh maybe not. But it's not really his business...

I hear a noise and realize I zoned out during math class and Ms. Ross was asking a question so I just say "5.89?" I know right? Smart.

"Close," wait, WHAT!?! "It's 5.89 EX squared" I can tell my Ms. Ross knows I'm surprised and just chuckles to herself. I love her for understanding that I have ADHD and what it is, and still treating me as an equal.

BRRRIIIIINNNGG

Everyone doesn't move because all the other teachers say "THE BELL DOESN'T DISMISS YOU I DO!!" But Ms. Ross just looks at us confused and says, "um... You do know the bell dismisses you, right?" I grin and am the first one to stand and walk to my next class: Latin.

I see Travis in there but just glare at him, yesterday he pranked me... AGAIN. He made the shower that I am assigned to dye me BLUE. I mean, why not green, I don't understand him

He just grins at me and says, "hey Kit-Kat,"

I just completely ignore him, but he doesn't give up "so.... you wanna do the project together...?" Omg he is SO awkward it's kinda cute.

I mentally curse at myself he could never feel the same way about me

"Erm sure, we can't really meet up at my house."

"Ok then at my house at... 4?"

"Fine by me"

He grins from ear to ear "okay see ya then"

~~~~~~time skipz~~~~~~

I walk out of school only to walk into Jonathan, the school's biggest jock, (no offense to any Jonathan reading this) "hey babe, my house at seven" and hands me a piece of paper. I, of course, do not accept it and keep walking.

he, being stubborn, grabs my wrist and pins me against the wall, "Where were you going, you forgot this" he says stuffing the piece of paper in my pocket and then THEN HE TRIES TO F***ING (I don't cuss so deal with the stars) KISS ME. I WILL MURDER HIM!! But before I can respond his lips are against mine, I just stand there, not kissing back, but also not able to pull away.

Suddenly he pries my mouth open with his tongue, that's it, I was refraining from doing this before, I kneed him hard in the place where the sun does not shine and he bent over in pain

I sprinted away from him and spot Travis he's speed walking in the direction of his house. I run up to him, "Hey,"

he glares at me "Hi." I'm so confused, what's wrong with him?

"Um...You ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine" he snaps

"sorry"

We didn't talk the rest of the way back to his house he waves bye and slams the door. Once I cant see the house anymore I call Conner he answers almost immediately.

"Hello?"

"Hey Conner "

"Oh! Katie! What's up?"

"Nothing much I'm just extremely confused right now Travis asked me to come over for-"

"WAIT HE FINALLY GOT THE GUTS TO ASK YOU OUT?"

"Um, no we had a project. and by the way we're nothing more than friends, and this feeling is mutual"

There was a pause on the other line "OH. so what are you confused about"

"Oh yeah as I was saying he asked me to come over for a project then we got to your house and he slammed the door in my face"

"Ehhh, sounds typical."

"Really?"

"Yeah"

"Oh well that's all I needed soo... bye"

"Bye" I hung up and felt a hand over my mouth and something cold up against my back. When I realized it was a gun I stopped struggling, knowing this person would probably shoot me without hesitation.

Cliffhanger!!

-🌺Delphi, daughter of Demeter