Adoration.

I stood at the bus stop; my gaze locked onto my feet which tapped the ground rhythmically. My stomach ached from the anxiety and anticipation I felt. This place was new as we had just moved due to a business opportunity my mother was offered. It was early December. I asked if she could drive me to school but she was too busy with work. The cold air stung my skin, and I pulled my coat more over my torso in attempted to trap heat. I heard boots drag against the concrete behind me, coming to a silent stop behind me. I froze up as I heard him clear his throat, he was close.  I looked behind me slightly. It was a guy who was shorter than me by a few inches. He wore a hat that covered most of his short brown hair, leaving bits poking from under the brim, shaping his face.  He looked up at me with large but soft purple eyes that sparkled under the streetlight.

"Hi! you seem new here. What's your name?" He spoke with positivity injected into every word.  His voice felt like cotton on my ears. I felt my heartbeat quicken a bit as heat burst through my body, mostly going to my cheeks. every worry I faced melted away in a mere instant but grew into gentle panic as I struggled to find the words to say that wouldn't make me look like a total idiot.  Why was I feeling this way, I don't know this person well, and he's a guy, just like me. My mother always told me feelings like this where unnatural, yet it felt so comfortably uncomfortable.

"My names Faurus. I did move here a few days ago. Who are you?" I managed to mumble out without fumbling my words. I kept looking at him, he looked like I put him on the spot because he froze and looked lost in thought for a split second. "My name is" he paused for a moment like the words caught on his tongue. was he feeling the same thing I was? "Lance! my name is Lance." he said in a way that made me laugh a bit in my mind.  He studied me for a moment until jumping a bit when he realized I was staring at him the entire time. He was shaking a bit and I stupidly just realized he wasn't wearing a coat this entire time. just chunky boots, a t-shirt, overalls and a hat. "Oh shit, you're probably cold. here." I said as I dropped my bag on the ground and took my coat off, handing it out to him. He tensed a bit like this was a gesture he's never faced before. "Go on, take it. I'm wearing a hoodie anyways, so I'll be fine.' I said, shaking it a bit to entice him to take it. He hesitantly took it and put it on. He looked up at me again and smiled. "Thank you, Faurus! It fits well." he beamed with joy. I felt my heart skip a beat for a moment there. This feeling was getting on my nerves because my mother once said that these feelings for another boy where dangerous, yet I feel so happy.

"Are you okay?" His voice snapped me out of my own head. "You're crying a bit; did I do something wrong?" I didn't even realize I was crying till I felt a droplet of warmth run down my face. "I.. I-I'm okay! The cold air keeps stinging my eyes." I said, trying to find an excuse as to why I was.   "Oh, okay!" he said, still a bit unsure of what's going on.  "The bus is coming! will you sit by me on it? can we be friends?" He suddenly yelped out, making me jump.  "Uh, sure. to all of what you said." I spoke. I watched his face light up, brighter than the buses headlights. soon after it pulled up and we all boarded. Maybe life here won't be as bad as I thought, knowing I have him by my side.